Tanglebrook: The Drachin - Dragons!

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
Seppel
Site Admin

Tanglebrook: The Drachin - Dragons!

Post by Seppel » Tue May 01, 2012 9:07 pm

Discuss and appreciate the Drachin, including Clutch Mother in this thread!

If you're wondering how to pronounce Drachin, it's drack-in, like crack-in.
:tanrare: Seppel

captainbozo
Endowed

Re: Tanglebrook: The Drachin

Post by captainbozo » Tue May 01, 2012 10:00 pm

I _really_ love the new art and lore. The Drachin are stunning. I love how, while there is still a sexual air about them, they're very mysterious and mythical, legends in their own time.

I very much want to know more about them, and about the other tribes mentioned.

Bozo's Furo Store! Rare cards no one else offers! http://furoticon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1760

captainbozo
Endowed

Re: Tanglebrook: The Drachin - Dragons!

Post by captainbozo » Sun May 13, 2012 9:29 pm

No one's replying so I'm gonna doublepost:

I, for one, think that Clutch Mother is fairly hot, especially in the pic by Zombieme/Sigil <3

Bozo's Furo Store! Rare cards no one else offers! http://furoticon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1760

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Sun May 13, 2012 10:43 pm

For the record, Bozo is obviously not alone in his assessment. To add something to the conversation, however, I feel giving the Drachin elemental affinities (and dual-elements/Wet-Cold-Dry-Hot presumably, to boot!) is just a little excessive, given the subject matter and context. :blank:
"I play it for the game mechanics."

captainbozo
Endowed

Post by captainbozo » Mon May 14, 2012 12:31 am

I'm willing to go along with it though, honestly. It's a game, after all, and it seems fitting in a game plot :3

Also in most everything I've ever seen, Dragons had elemental affinities, so it's not surprising at all to me.

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Mon May 14, 2012 12:48 am

But is it necessary? It just feels like one big violation of KISS.

captainbozo
Endowed

Post by captainbozo » Mon May 14, 2012 2:19 am

It's not _that_ complicated, it just gives variety in the dragon designs.

Besides, you bring up some dragons having water while others having fire as complicated, when there are 6 tribes, a love quadrangle, and Skaema doing all their shiftybits XD

I think that the Drachin's elemental affinities isn't that complex in comparison, and adds to the mythical image that they're supposed to have, to me :3

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Mon May 14, 2012 6:25 am

captainbozo wrote:Besides, you bring up some dragons having water while others having fire as complicated, when there are 6 tribes, a love quadrangle, and Skaema doing all their shiftybits XD
See, the dragon thing wouldn't bother me nearly as much if it weren't added on top of those other things, which I view as either already justified or more obviously relevant to the plot. In comparison, the elemental thing feels tacked on for little particular reason other than "just because."

Granted, you make a good point about justifying a variety of dragon designs, but even so, adding "corners" on top of that seems just a bit silly.

CallistaSkip
Charmer

Post by CallistaSkip » Mon May 14, 2012 7:54 am

The "corners" reference was just setting up explanations for dragon designs further down the road -- we attached specific physical traits to specific elemental affinities, and in order to allow variation, it made sense for us to have intersecting elements. It wouldn't make much sense for us to have a tribe that's so relatively small and only mated Earth to Earth, Fire to Fire, and so on.

It doesn't actually affect the game play or even the story line (not a spoiler). It just allows for some interesting elemental capacities, if you want to get down into it -- but again, it's not relevant enough that it legitimately affects anything.

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Tue May 15, 2012 11:53 pm

That new picture looks hot! XD

I wonder if there's anyone around here who's curious about this latest deck reveal.

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Wed May 16, 2012 2:24 am

Taz wrote:That new picture looks hot! XD

I wonder if there's anyone around here who's curious about this latest deck reveal.
Tsumi said that I fooled him with that one. XD
:tanrare: Seppel

Tsumi
Tease

Post by Tsumi » Wed May 16, 2012 4:29 am

You did, Seppel, you did! I was expecting the H/O Skaema deck since its the last combination not done yet......

This also explains your no-answer about if my card was in the starter, sneaky squirrel!
I'll make you orgasm NOT in context of a game!

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Wed May 16, 2012 12:08 pm

Tsumi wrote:You did, Seppel, you did! I was expecting the H/O Skaema deck since its the last combination not done yet......
Strictly speaking, F/H didn't exist in a starter deck before this one, either. Two birds with one stone? ;)

captainbozo
Endowed

Post by captainbozo » Wed May 16, 2012 5:04 pm

I am very curious as to how well the Triple Gender deck will play :o

Moriarty
Tease

Post by Moriarty » Wed May 16, 2012 7:18 pm

Tsumi wrote:This also explains your no-answer about if my card was in the starter, sneaky squirrel!
Do you really want your card to be FIXED?
Insert tab M into slot 2.

You do this for a fun

Tsumi
Tease

Post by Tsumi » Thu May 17, 2012 3:09 am

No Moriarty lol, I actually wanted my card to be super rare and difficult to get!
I'll make you orgasm NOT in context of a game!

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:02 pm

The design space of the Compulsion is . . . interesting. Makes me want to see this card with a promotional or foil version.

I also like how people are whoring out the new comments system. XD People want to trade all of their 2 cents for the 2 Furos!

captainbozo
Endowed

Post by captainbozo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:53 pm

I WAS FIRST ON EVERYTHING

YOU ALL SAW ME

<3~

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:43 pm

captainbozo wrote:I WAS FIRST ON EVERYTHING

YOU ALL SAW ME

<3~
I commented on one of your comments! XD

Sirdan87
Mischievous

Post by Sirdan87 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:11 am

After looking through what you get for the starter with the Dragon deck, I will say things can only get interesting. I'll most likely be attempting to use a Combo from :trare: down the line when I feel comfortable altering the deck, but for now it does lack a few haven cards I intend to add.

I do hope to play more of them too, I just need a better play area...and maybe a better camera. >.<

captainbozo
Endowed

Post by captainbozo » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:22 am

Everyone who doubted the dragons can just look at the match I played. Got [card]Lady Gentla Goan[/card] on the field with two [card]Spreader Bar[/card]s, Drachin Endowment, Sudden Shift (changing her to a dragon as well so she can benefit from the two [card]Join the Team[/card]s I had out), and Drachin Chosen. I used Drachin Chosen's effect after swinging to bring out Compulsion of the Saibel from my hand, and brought out Bog, Tunnelbider, and Gritmiser from that. Each turn I brought out more dragons, with an insanely powerful Gentla. She had 30 PEs in the end, with 60 SP, and was Generous so every furre that put out immediately came <3

Dragons are amazing if you play them right <3

Snowstorm
Tease

Post by Snowstorm » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:00 am

Nyhhh... I doubted Drachin because they sleep so long. You, on the other hand, brought four big-bodied creatures directly into play for free. Not *quite* the same thing. :)
What better way to warm yourself on a cold winter night?

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:26 am

Except Bozo was playing them wrong.

IIRC, Saibel's effect isn't supposed to trigger when put into play via Drachin Chosen.

Also, Lady Gentla? Of all people, really? I find her understudy Kashtine to be a far superior option in that respect; you also have the option of running Necro, who has synergy for already being a Dragon herself.

Sirdan87
Mischievous

Post by Sirdan87 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:45 pm

Taz wrote:Except Bozo was playing them wrong.

IIRC, Saibel's effect isn't supposed to trigger when put into play via Drachin Chosen.

Also, Lady Gentla? Of all people, really? I find her understudy Kashtine to be a far superior option in that respect; you also have the option of running Necro, who has synergy for already being a Dragon herself.
Luckily I have enough Necro's to add into the Dragon deck now. I think I might make a deck Thread on help soon. Lack of playing the game long enough tends to make me feel noobish and gives me poor ideas to work with.

captainbozo
Endowed

Post by captainbozo » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:41 pm

Taz wrote:Except Bozo was playing them wrong.

I don't have either of those :P Actually no I have Kashtine, but I wanted the higher PEs, and possibly getting her out earlier without worrying about her immediately climaxing. If I had Necro though she would've been my first choice.

ALSO Saibel's effect still works when put into play via Drachin Chosen, as long as it's from hand, rather than from deck.

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:20 am

Saibel's text "played it from your hand" is supposed to be differentiated from "put it into play by the effect of another card." Believe you me, in dev and testing, we tried to make it as unambiguous as possible, but any attempts just made things worse.

captainbozo
Endowed

Post by captainbozo » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:30 am

Are you absolutely positive? Because it seems to me like this card is still being put into play, and where it was before was in my hand, so it would be "played from my hand"

I think a better wording would've been "Not played via the effect of another card" if that was what it was going for. The way this is worded seems to make this a legal move.

EDIT: Found it. http://wiki.furoticon.com/wiki/Terms#Played vs http://wiki.furoticon.com/wiki/Terms#Put_Into_Play

Interestingly enough, this means that the furres brought out by Drachin Chosen can't be denied. This is very good news. I will need to either take out Compulsion or put in a H GP somewhere though.