Tribes of Tanglebrook Speculation Thread

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
Seppel
Site Admin

Tribes of Tanglebrook Speculation Thread

Post by Seppel » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:09 pm

The fourth set of Furoticon has been announced! Read this news update for information on Tribes of Tanglebrook!

It's nine months away, so feel free to post your thoughts about the set in this thread. :)
:tanrare: Seppel

Banrai
Voyeur

Re: Tribes of Tanglebrook Speculation Thread

Post by Banrai » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:21 pm

I don't have any speculation - but this is super exciting both as a returning (2x!) artist and someone that enjoys the game. :D I can't wait until the artist portals open! :)
Illustrator of: [c]Lai Vara[/c] - [c]Slippery Sinkhole[/c]
FurAffinity

MandersHex
Charmer

Post by MandersHex » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:37 pm

I have never been more happy than I am right now for reasons I will keep to myself.

:sp:
Thrust gave me my first real orgasm. Good times.
We're all whores. Just some of us get paid. :sp: -Manders :D

Drex
Charmer

Post by Drex » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:57 pm

Sounds awesome! I was wondering what fetish would come next. It's hard to pick ones that are mild enough that just about anyone can look past it if it's not their thing. I think you guys made a good choice with cumplay. Can't wait to see how it's used and such. I think cumplay would be cards that do abilities when they cum and are put on the couch. Sorta like Perfect Five and some others. It makes sense, but I think there will be more to it than just that.

I'm excited to see what you all come up with. I'm especially excited cause there will be otters! There was already one, but she was female. I wanna see the male otters represent! I totally need to get a card of my character somehow for this set. Yay otters! *is excited* =P

Was just thinkin of random abilities for fun. I think "Cum Lover" would be something like, "If x fur makes opponent fur orgasm in bed, x fur gets +1 to all PEs" or "If x fur makes opponent fur orgasm in bed, x fur gets +5 max :sp:" Something along those lines would be interesting. =P
Last edited by Drex on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm that otter that hates fish and swimming. ^^

MandersHex
Charmer

Post by MandersHex » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:01 pm

I'm excited to see more dragons!!!!

MOAR DRAGONS!!!!

Drex
Charmer

Post by Drex » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:08 pm

MandersHex wrote:I'm excited to see more dragons!!!!

MOAR DRAGONS!!!!
Haha, dragons are ok I guess. Not as super mega awesome as otters though! ;)

Tsumi
Tease

Post by Tsumi » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:47 pm

Hmm 9 starter only cards... This makes me believe one of the following:

1 Starter deck with 9 cards,

3 starter decks with 3 cards each,

9 starter decks with 1 card each (HAHAHA money squeezer Seppel)!

I don't like the idea of even number of decks with odd number of cards cuz its not mathematically enjoyable! Unless You are borrowing from Pokemon with the new mechanic of having 'half' cards, where you need both halves to play the 1 super powerful card.... Oooooo I like this idea
I'll make you orgasm NOT in context of a game!

Temrin
Voyeur

Post by Temrin » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:05 pm

Banrai wrote:I don't have any speculation - but this is super exciting both as a returning (2x!) artist and someone that enjoys the game. :D I can't wait until the artist portals open! :)
I can definitely agree with this. (this'll be my first return tho XD not second. )

Drex
Charmer

Post by Drex » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:14 pm

Tsumi wrote:Hmm 9 starter only cards... This makes me believe one of the following:

1 Starter deck with 9 cards,

I don't like the idea of even number of decks with odd number of cards cuz its not mathematically enjoyable! Unless You are borrowing from Pokemon with the new mechanic of having 'half' cards, where you need both halves to play the 1 super powerful card.... Oooooo I like this idea
My best guess would be that since they did Male/Herm and Female/Otherkin decks last time, they'll change it up. It might be Male/Otherkin and Female/Herm. I personally think it'll either be two starter decks or four starter decks. They can't have 3 starter decks because that would mean one gender would be left out or they would mix two into one starter and have the other two have a whole deck. That wouldn't be fair to the two that have to share a starter.

So I'm thinking they'll just have one deck with 5 starter only and another with 4 starter only. Or what could also be possible is each deck has 4 starter only cards, and then there's one genderless card (haven and such) that is found in both starters. So IMO, I'd say it's very likely that there will be two starter decks mixing genders again.

Magetorment
Endowed

Post by Magetorment » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:38 pm

Sweetness. When you're ready for play testing give me a ring, I'll be happy to help. Oh, and tell Callista my offer to help with the story still stands.

As for the set itself, interesting choices with the tribes. No real surprise with wolves and dragons, I know a few furs who'll jizz themselves when they hear otters are going to be big in this set, and lions seem the logical choice for felines. What caught my eye are the shapeshifters, which I'm guessing are going to be otherkin's heavy hitters. Oh, fingers crossed for a 'Clone' style card.

Also cumplay and tribal markings eh? I wonder if the markings will be more alterations or some token based shenanigans.

Drex
Charmer

Post by Drex » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Magetorment wrote:Sweetness. When you're ready for play testing give me a ring, I'll be happy to help. Oh, and tell Callista my offer to help with the story still stands.

As for the set itself, interesting choices with the tribes. No real surprise with wolves and dragons, I know a few furs who'll jizz themselves when they hear otters are going to be big in this set, and lions seem the logical choice for felines. What caught my eye are the shapeshifters, which I'm guessing are going to be otherkin's heavy hitters. Oh, fingers crossed for a 'Clone' style card.

Also cumplay and tribal markings eh? I wonder if the markings will be more alterations or some token based shenanigans.
I was thinking the same thing about tribal markings. Some kind of alterations seem the most likely. I wonder what they could really do though? Those ones seem to be a bit of a mystery to me. =P

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:45 pm

I've added little Tribes of Tanglebrook rarity symbols to the smiley list. Feel free to play with them. :)

:tanso: :tancommon: :tanuncommon: :tanrare:

polkakitty
Charmer

Post by polkakitty » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:21 pm

Seppel wrote:Fetish Themes: Cumplay, Tribal Markings
....did anyone else see this and immediately think of [c]Marked[/c]? XD

What I find interesting about this is it seems like a move toward having more support for species-themed decks again, which we saw a little bit of in 2nd Vanilla with [card]Lion's Den[/card], [card]Squirrel Nest[/card], and [card]Fox Hole[/card] (which, oddly, means there is already a Haven to support one of the tribes in Tanglebrook.) It makes me wonder if we will see new forms of support for certain species, like a Dragon Furre that becomes Generous if another Dragon is in bed at the same time as it, or something.

Also, I like the idea of having about the same number of rares as previous sets, but more uncommons and much more commons. For those that buy a lot of cards, that should keep the commons and uncommons in each pack potentially useful a lot longer, instead of just ignoring them because you've already got 10 of every common....
Tsumi wrote:1 Starter deck with 9 cards,

There could also be starter-only cards that are in more than one starter, like [card]Plains[/card] in 1st Vanilla, which was (well, is) in both the Herm and Otherkin decks. So it could be like, 4 mono-gender decks with 2 cards unique to each of them, or 2 dual-gender decks with 4 cards unique to each of them, and 1 more card shared between them.

Miff
Coy

Post by Miff » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:40 pm

Tribal mechanics? (Please?) :3c

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:51 pm

Miff wrote:Tribal mechanics? (Please?) :3c
In a tribal set? Get real! XD

Tsumi
Tease

Post by Tsumi » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:45 am

polkakitty wrote: There could also be starter-only cards that are in more than one starter, like [card]Plains[/card] in 1st Vanilla, which was (well, is) in both the Herm and Otherkin decks. So it could be like, 4 mono-gender decks with 2 cards unique to each of them, or 2 dual-gender decks with 4 cards unique to each of them, and 1 more card shared between them.
This I am well aware of ;) I was just trying to crack jokes, My fault for not being clearer XD
I'll make you orgasm NOT in context of a game!

Rakuraiji
Coy

Post by Rakuraiji » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:21 am

hell yea! cant wait till they are released <3
new stuff to collect!!

bwargh DX ! +3 on all genders!

Drex
Charmer

Post by Drex » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:39 pm

After reading a bit about tribal markings and such, I found that they're usually to signify what tribe they belong to. This was something I sorta guessed to be the case. Anyway, so what does this mean for the game? I think possibly maybe some alterations can come into effect that can change someone's tribal orientation?

Maybe you have an otter and a wolf in your deck. Lets say you have a card that affects all otter tribe people. If you give an otter tribal marking to the wolf, he could benefit from the effects of the otter tribe's abilities. It's not that far fetched when you think of it as tribes rather than species. An otter tribe might pick up a wolf as a sex slave or whatever and mark them as their own. ;)

No one has really been talking about their ideas of what tribal markings would do, so I thought I'd get the ball rolling. ^^

Deretto
Supple

Post by Deretto » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:13 pm

I just hope dragons don't end up being OP like they are in every other game. xD

Drex
Charmer

Post by Drex » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:16 pm

Deretto wrote:I just hope dragons don't end up being OP like they are in every other game. xD
Haha, a dragon doesn't have to feel powerful in Furoticon because it's not about strength, it's about pleasure. So I don't think it'll be an issue. Should be interesting to see all the new stuff. Can't wait to see some otters. It better not be a tribe full of only girl otters! XD

Deretto
Supple

Post by Deretto » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:17 pm

Hope the wolves are knotty (as opposed to human shape penis)

Drex
Charmer

Post by Drex » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:25 pm

Deretto wrote:Hope the wolves are knotty (as opposed to human shape penis)
Haha, I'm good either way as long as it comes out of a sheath. I don't like the ones that are just free hanging haha. So human looking or not, as long as it's from a sheath I can live with it. ^_^

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:27 pm

Drex wrote:
Haha, I'm good either way as long as it comes out of a sheath. I don't like the ones that are just free hanging haha. So human looking or not, as long as it's from a sheath I can live with it. ^_^
You know, I never really got people who made a big fuss about either of these things. Almost seems like being picky, to me, even though I can see how knots in particular might be appealing.

Either way, I highly doubt that either of you will be at all disappointed. ;)

(So very tempting to drop more comments. But I won't.)
"I play it for the game mechanics."

Drex
Charmer

Post by Drex » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Taz wrote:
Drex wrote:
You know, I never really got people who made a big fuss about either of these things. Almost seems like being picky, to me, even though I can see how knots in particular might be appealing.

Either way, I highly doubt that either of you will be at all disappointed. ;)

(So very tempting to drop more comments. But I won't.)
Hehe, I wouldn't quit the game over it or anything, but I just like what I like. ^^

Magetorment
Endowed

Post by Magetorment » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:28 am

Deretto wrote:I just hope dragons don't end up being OP like they are in every other game. xD
Actually Yu-Gi-Oh is the only game I know of where dragons are over powered. Most of the time dragons are strong, but come in small numbers or take forever to get out. And playing with shit that takes forever to get out is just asking to be raped.

Deretto
Supple

Post by Deretto » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:05 am

I was talking about games in general. It's just a pet peeve of mine that dragons are always "endgame."

nikomaru
Mischievous

Post by nikomaru » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:34 am

We are hyper-aware how powerful dragons are in any genre, so we kept that in mind with the mechanics. You guys won't be disappointed with how things turn out. I can't wait for the actual story to come out. If only it wasn't so far off for the release date. It's the racial dynamic I'm excited about. And the new counter. About which I still Know Nothing. :P
"Let's grasp the ineffable and see if we can't eff it after all." ~Dirk Gently

"Intellectual Characters and Personas" by nikomaru is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:17 am

Those of you with a keen eye might find small pieces of new Tanglebrook artwork. But that's all you're getting until May. :)

Drex
Charmer

Post by Drex » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 am

Seppel wrote:Those of you with a keen eye might find small pieces of new Tanglebrook artwork. But that's all you're getting until May. :)
I've looked everywhere! I can't find it. XD

Moriarty
Tease

Post by Moriarty » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:57 pm

Seppel wrote:Those of you with a keen eye might find small pieces of new Tanglebrook artwork. But that's all you're getting until May. :)
Hmmm. I wonder if you could possibly mean something like thisImage
Insert tab M into slot 2.

You do this for a fun

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:22 pm

:)

MandersHex
Charmer

Post by MandersHex » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:52 pm

Awwww, there's no dragons spoiled in there!! :(

Rennec
Supple

Post by Rennec » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:02 am

is this also from Tribes?
Attachments
furoticon.jpg
furoticon.jpg (33.66 KiB) Viewed 9524 times

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:40 am

That would be a cut of the art for [card]Shenanigan Swamp[/card]. :)

Moriarty
Tease

Post by Moriarty » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:33 am

One of the best things at FCN was getting to hangout with Seppel. I talked with him a fair amount and during the course of the weekend he was cool enough to spoil a card to me [spoiler]It has something for everyone[/spoiler]. He then got to watch me plan out how I'd use this gift to build a deck.
While I'm sad I won't get to be there for AC, with the hilarity of Tribes being legal to play upon premier, I will be putting in a good sized preorder.

You do this for a fun

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:12 am

That Seppel is such a Rat! I swear that bushy tail is just a cover. ;)

Moriarty
Tease

Post by Moriarty » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:52 pm

This also looks like it has some pieces from the up coming set.

You do this for a fun

Snowstorm
Tease

Post by Snowstorm » Thu May 24, 2012 8:57 pm

I seem to remember seeing (limited) full-set binders that were available for the older sets when they were first released; is anything like that being done for Tribes?
What better way to warm yourself on a cold winter night?

CallistaSkip
Charmer

Post by CallistaSkip » Thu May 24, 2012 9:53 pm

Snowstorm wrote:I seem to remember seeing (limited) full-set binders that were available for the older sets when they were first released; is anything like that being done for Tribes?

Definitely! We usually release the binders for sale in the Fall :)

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Thu May 24, 2012 10:29 pm

CallistaSkip wrote:
Snowstorm wrote:I seem to remember seeing (limited) full-set binders that were available for the older sets when they were first released; is anything like that being done for Tribes?

Definitely! We usually release the binders for sale in the Fall :)
We only release five of them, however!

Moriarty
Tease

Post by Moriarty » Sat May 26, 2012 3:47 pm

Rarity breakdown: 32 Rare, 42 Uncommon, 52 Common, 9 Starter-only, 12 Home Haven, 9 Secret

And now we have a clue on what the secret cards will be, TOKENS!

You do this for a fun