Marlii Appreciation Thread

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
Seppel
Site Admin

Marlii Appreciation Thread

Post by Seppel » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:17 pm

Leave Marlii any compliments in this thread. :)
:tanrare: Seppel

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Re: Marlii Appreciation Thread

Post by Taz » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:01 am

Skirt surprises can indeed be fun, so long as it's not the only trick you've got. It's more interesting indeed to have more to play with. And of course, nerdy glasses librarian willing to play with such "surprises" shi may have only adds to the appeal. :)

Also, art by Dare? Sweetness! I have a friend who's going to be wanting that, for sure! ^_^

ADD: I just thought of something. Since Marlii is a Librarian, I don't suppose there's a chance of a certain "bookkeeper" wandering about hir library, is there? ;)
"I play it for the game mechanics."

polkakitty
Charmer

Post by polkakitty » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:34 pm

Hmmm, so that's what was meant by "the same as last time except no numbers." I find it interesting that, if you're trying to raise hir PEs, the new version of hir skill makes it preferable to use the few effects that only raise one at a time instead of all of them, like [c]Holding the Whip[/c].

This also means that [c]Gift of Knowledge[/c] is not so good to use on hir this time around (the total pleasure hir skill can do to another Furre, absent something like [c]Gently Caress[/c], would go from 15 to 21 instead of 9 to 25.) However, there is at least one Alteration in the game (but not in 2nd Vanilla, according to the Memory Orb) that's far, far better to use on the new Marlii. I'm sure I'll have more to say about this once I get the chance to play with hir. ^_^

(Also, the skill isn't quite the same since shi can't pleasure players this time, but I assume that's because if shi could, drawing 2 Marliis in draft would pretty much be an automatic win. They apparently had more than enough trouble with [c]April Fool[/c]/[c]Shun[/c] in 1st Vanilla.)

Shi's got a pretty sexy character concept, too. I've always liked smart girls and seduction.

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:09 am

polkakitty wrote:This also means that [c]Gift of Knowledge[/c] is not so good to use on hir this time around (the total pleasure hir skill can do to another Furre, absent something like [c]Gently Caress[/c], would go from 15 to 21 instead of 9 to 25.) However, there is at least one Alteration in the game (but not in 2nd Vanilla, according to the Memory Orb) that's far, far better to use on the new Marlii. I'm sure I'll have more to say about this once I get the chance to play with hir. ^_^
I actually had to look through the list of Alterations in the game to figure out what you were talking about. It wasn't until I got to the very bottom until I saw it, either--I was like "I can see how she'd work kind of better with these cards, but I'm not sure how . . ." and then I saw it and was like "Buh?!?"

It's funny, because I distinctly remember a somewhat last-minute change being made in playtesting to the skills one particular(ly infamous) Furre because of the implications of being combined with that particular Alteration. At the same time, this Furre seemed to be both too powerful and too fragile/easily dealt with. We'd hoped to solve both those problems, as well as prevent the possibility of being broken by this Alteration, by giving this Furre the Elusive skill.

Shame, then, that it never occurred to us to combine Marlii with that Alteration! XD It shouldn't be too much of a problem, though, since the combo would require coordinating two different double-GP costs (and not to mention a 1st Vanilla card that isn't being reprinted, for what I'd say to be a pretty good reason, too). If you can pull off 5 Furre pleasure every turn (to non-Herms, at any rate, but against Herms you can just simply swing with Marlii using the Alteration in question), then more power to ya: Drex has already shown (repeatedly :fist: ) the possibilities one has with the likes of [c]Slums Drunk[/c], after all.

(It's probably worth noting, however, that Marlii has the advantage of having [c]Everthrob[/c] within hir own gender, and that is getting reprinted . . .)
Shi's got a pretty sexy character concept, too. I've always liked smart girls and seduction.
I agree! :) I'm curious now, actually, about from which card the icon shi posts under comes from.
"I play it for the game mechanics."

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:30 am

polkakitty wrote:This also means that [c]Gift of Knowledge[/c] is not so good to use on hir this time around (the total pleasure hir skill can do to another Furre, absent something like [c]Gently Caress[/c], would go from 15 to 21 instead of 9 to 25.) However, there is at least one Alteration in the game (but not in 2nd Vanilla, according to the Memory Orb) that's far, far better to use on the new Marlii. I'm sure I'll have more to say about this once I get the chance to play with hir. ^_^
Oh.

Oh no. XD

I am so glad we didn't reprint that card!

Actually, I see about 3 or 4 cards that make hir a beast.
:tanrare: Seppel

polkakitty
Charmer

Post by polkakitty » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:54 am

Taz wrote:(It's probably worth noting, however, that Marlii has the advantage of having [c]Everthrob[/c] within hir own gender, and that is getting reprinted . . .)
....which was the other card I wanted to try using in combination with the new Marlii. (Although, since it's getting reprinted, the developers must have considered the fact that it could allow Marlii to one-shot nearly any non-Herm Furre when they were designing hir.)