[Sebastian] Help and Discussion!

For discussion of the Furoticon College Adventure!
Seppel
Site Admin

[Sebastian] Help and Discussion!

Post by Seppel » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:56 am

HUGE MASSIVE SPOILER WARNING:

(1) If you haven't completed this adventure, expect spoilers! Speculation is ok!

(2) Everyone may contribute as a team to complete Sebastian's adventure!
:tanrare: Seppel

Seppel
Site Admin

Re: [Sebastian] Help and Discussion!

Post by Seppel » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:38 am

One line of Suleimet's dialogue has been fixed due to its historical inaccuracy. ;)

Anthfurkat_44
Servant

Post by Anthfurkat_44 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:14 am

I am lost after I had given Strawberry the duplicate key card. Can anyone provide help on what to do next?

Versix
Servant

Post by Versix » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:30 am

I need to get the mug out of the kiln, find the key for Strawberry, learn the tentacle monster's name, and (I think) tune the piano. I have spent days wandering the campus and haven't gotten any closer to solving any of these.

I think the key might be in the hole in the wall in molecular biology, but I need something with which to poke around in there.

Anthfurkat_44
Servant

Post by Anthfurkat_44 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:25 pm

You should join with mr. guy for a bit and see if he helps with it. But what should I do after giving the keycard to Strawberry?

cuddles
Tease

Post by cuddles » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:33 pm

How did you get the mug in the kiln? If you have an apron then go cooking with chef guy. I have yellow cake and a password, and I'm stuck with them. Also I can no longer get an apple.
C♥ddles

Versix
Servant

Post by Versix » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:44 pm

Anthfurkat_44 wrote:You should join with mr. guy for a bit and see if he helps with it.
How would Chef Guy help? I'm pretty sure last time I went in there, I couldn't do much.

Edit: OH! I just wasn't willing to be dickish and call him out on his snacking! Tongs get!

cuddles wrote:How did you get the mug in the kiln? If you have an apron then go cooking with chef guy. I have yellow cake and a password, and I'm stuck with them. Also I can no longer get an apple.
You press the mug handle into a mug already on its way in, but Calamity catches you (though not before it's in) and the kiln is too hot to get it out without something to reach in and grab it.

I don't know if it's only on a certain day, but if you take Professor Noel's password back to his classroom and he's not there, you can get into his computer and forward the email to yourself.

I think you can get apples from the photography instructor.

I don't know what the hell to do with the yellow cake.

cuddles
Tease

Post by cuddles » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:04 pm

You press the mug handle into a mug already on its way in, but Calamity catches you (though not before it's in) and the kiln is too hot to get it out without something to reach in and grab it.
I'm not getting this option, so I may need something else.
I made a cake with the apple and gave it away. Now when I try to get another apple to redo the situation over I can't get anymore.
C♥ddles

Versix
Servant

Post by Versix » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:20 pm

cuddles wrote:
I'm not getting this option, so I may need something else.
I don't quite remember what I did to get the option.
cuddles wrote:
I made a cake with the apple and gave it away. Now when I try to get another apple to redo the situation over I can't get anymore.
Where does the cake go? What does it accomplish? In my experience with these kinds of games, there's always a way to progress; you can't get truly stuck.

Quazal
Coy

Post by Quazal » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:46 am

I am curious how to get the mug into the kiln and where the cake goes as well...is it a certain day to go to these places?

Versix
Servant

Post by Versix » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:37 am

Quazal wrote:I am curious how to get the mug into the kiln and where the cake goes as well...is it a certain day to go to these places?
Has Sebastian discovered that Noel likes mugs? You might need to activate that dialogue before the option becomes available.

Quazal
Coy

Post by Quazal » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:47 pm

Versix wrote:
Quazal wrote:I am curious how to get the mug into the kiln and where the cake goes as well...is it a certain day to go to these places?
Has Sebastian discovered that Noel likes mugs? You might need to activate that dialogue before the option becomes available.
I have not. I thought maybe it would be through helping him out and going each day until it popped but so far I have yet to see a difference. Trying one more day as I think I may not have hit all the days.

Versix
Servant

Post by Versix » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:06 am

Well, I'm stuck again. I need to duplicate my key card for Strawberry, but I have no idea where I'm supposed to go. I've been everywhere, but there's no option for it. I also have yet to find an option to use either cake and can't take the mug out of the kiln with the tongs because of Calamity.

Quazal
Coy

Post by Quazal » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:02 am

Similar except I have yet to get the mug in the kiln. I can keep getting the apple and giving it to the gender studies lady but that's all I see. There has to be an option that I am missing that happens only on a certain day. I have been stuck like this for almost a month.

Given the keycard, have the cake, tongs, broken mug...among other things. Unsure where to go from there.

cuddles
Tease

Post by cuddles » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:47 pm

Quazal wrote:I can keep getting the apple and giving it to the gender studies lady but that's all I see. There has to be an option that I am missing that happens only on a certain day.
You take the apple to cooking class and make a cake out of it if I remember right, but once I gave it to her I forgot what happens.
Quazal wrote: I have been stuck like this for almost a month.
Yea, running out of places to go. It seems as if I'm just reading the same text over and over.

Not a fan of needing to be at certain days with certain items, how would you know you didn't encounter a bug. After losing three weeks I started buying items just to read something new.

Does anyone know what to do in the aeronautics class? I go in there just to waste a day.
C♥ddles

Quazal
Coy

Post by Quazal » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:07 pm

Its odd, I did take the apple to cooking class and got the cake from that. I can go back and get another apple still. I have given it to the gender studies teacher and it takes it but nothing comes of it. I can then go back and get the apple again from the photography teacher.

Versix
Servant

Post by Versix » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:45 am

Quazal wrote:Similar except I have yet to get the mug in the kiln. I can keep getting the apple and giving it to the gender studies lady but that's all I see. There has to be an option that I am missing that happens only on a certain day. I have been stuck like this for almost a month.

Given the keycard, have the cake, tongs, broken mug...among other things. Unsure where to go from there.
How do I get the keycard? I went to every place but saw no new options.

EDIT: Oh. I apparently didn't visit the dorm.

Anthfurkat_44
Servant

Post by Anthfurkat_44 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:49 pm

Versix wrote:I need to get the mug out of the kiln, find the key for Strawberry, learn the tentacle monster's name, and (I think) tune the piano. I have spent days wandering the campus and haven't gotten any closer to solving any of these.

I think the key might be in the hole in the wall in molecular biology, but I need something with which to poke around in there.
If you get a pair of tongs from the cooking class teacher that might be able to get a key.

Anthfurkat_44
Servant

Post by Anthfurkat_44 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:50 pm

Versix wrote:
Quazal wrote:Similar except I have yet to get the mug in the kiln. I can keep getting the apple and giving it to the gender studies lady but that's all I see. There has to be an option that I am missing that happens only on a certain day. I have been stuck like this for almost a month.

How do I get the keycard? I went to every place but saw no new options.

EDIT: Oh. I apparently didn't visit the dorm.
Have you talked to the biology teacher? Because I got the copy of the card there.

UrzaMTG
Coy

Post by UrzaMTG » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:22 pm

It hasn't been explicitly said yet, so I'm going to put this behind a spoiler tag, but I think this will help a few of you in here.

[spoiler]Each professor seems to have a hidden "rep" stat. For some teachers, you need to raise your reputation with them to unlock other options. For example, Suleimet took an apple, an apple cake, and a few days of compliments before she gave me the option to ask about the tentacle project.[/spoiler]

Versix
Servant

Post by Versix » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:15 pm

Thanks, Urza! I've made some progress, at least.

I just hope I don't need anything else from Suleimet.

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:05 am

Since I've received multiple questions about it, for those of you on the final puzzle of the game...
Nothing more than basic knowledge of sheet music is required. There are no special music tricks. The solution is very straightforward.
Think about what Bounder said. That's the key to solving it.
Say it out loud.

UrzaMTG
Coy

Post by UrzaMTG » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:15 am

I don't know a ton about sheet music, except that # means sharp and that funny symbol next to an individual note "un-sharps" something (I played percussion, shush). I've tried marking every beat that has no sharps (ignoring the bass notes), every beat that has no sharps (including the bass notes, but I might have gotten it wrong given the way they dip so low), and every bass note, all going off of the "knock with ease" clue. None of those have worked so far, clearly.
Seppel edited after I posted, and that made it work.

cuddles
Tease

Post by cuddles » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:04 pm

I tried that last week! Don't care, it is finally over. I still don't know what to do with the jug of water.
C♥ddles

superlow
Voyeur

Post by superlow » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:37 pm

On the ending, is it normal for it to be an infinite loop of continues or is it just me? Finished it on monday and was confused so i waited and did it again today and that and a badge are still all that i get.

cuddles
Tease

Post by cuddles » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:49 pm

That is what I keep getting, so I'm going to say yes.
C♥ddles

Versix
Servant

Post by Versix » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:34 pm

That's all well and good, but I'm still trying to find a way to get the sheet music. The only clue I have is that Catalina scares easily.

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:32 am

It seems that there's a bug with completing Sebastian's Adventure.

I'll take care of it today and award everyone the proper completion dates!

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:31 pm

Phew, fixed!

Okay, now you should be able to legit get the ending. XD

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:36 pm

Versix wrote:That's all well and good, but I'm still trying to find a way to get the sheet music. The only clue I have is that Catalina scares easily.
Gotta get stuff to get scary.
Gotta LOOK scary.
Gotta PAINT YOURSELF scary.

UrzaMTG
Coy

Post by UrzaMTG » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:38 pm

Versix wrote:That's all well and good, but I'm still trying to find a way to get the sheet music. The only clue I have is that Catalina scares easily.
Yeah, this one was a bit less obvious.
[spoiler]You need to make a disguise. Where are the things to make stuff with kept?[/spoiler]

Versix
Servant

Post by Versix » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:27 pm

Thanks!

Windcaller
Voyeur

Post by Windcaller » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:15 pm

Alright, outside of a bare knowledge of knowing what a quarter note and such is, I cannot read sheet music nor play much of anything. I am completely stuck on the puzzle. I have tried I do not know how many combinations and checked the hints from earlier with no luck. Bounders hint has not helped either as it makes no sense to me. I must be missing something. Any hints at all?

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:16 pm

Bounder didn't say, "Knock with ease." Sebastian misheard him -- Bounder actually said "Knock with E's."

Versix
Servant

Post by Versix » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:30 am

Seppel wrote:
Bounder didn't say, "Knock with ease." Sebastian misheard him -- Bounder actually said "Knock with E's."
I'm sure I'm missing an event that causes Sebastian to realize this; whenever I go down into the passage, there's an option to knock, but the only option after that is to run. I've just started going down the list of locations to see what I can find.

I'm not asking to which classroom I need to go; I'd like to figure it out myself at this point. However, I wouldn't mind a nudge toward, say, the right building.

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:42 pm

You need a way to keep the right tempo.
It's the only place that has big machinery.
Visit Linga a few times and don't upset her. Once she trusts you, you can say the right things to advance the story.

Versix
Servant

Post by Versix » Wed May 03, 2017 2:05 am

I thought that classroom seemed a bit without purpose...

ShakalDraconis
Servant

Post by ShakalDraconis » Thu May 11, 2017 3:08 am

I seem to have run into a bit of a wall right at the end. I know exactly what I need to do, I just keep wasting days trying to figure out HOW.

FULL spoilers hidden within.
I've fixed the electronics, Moved the lockers, I know how to knock, I've got the paint, know to scare Catalina to get the book, as well as having my trusty tongs and tentacle specimen. I know from above I need to paint myself all scary like to freak out Catalina so I can get the song book and get to knocking, but I've cycled around the whole school and can't find a paintbrush, or anything that would let me paint up a disguise. I've tried calling Strawberry but that's not doing anything, and the only thing left in the catalog is the piano tuning, so I know I'm RIGHT at the end.
Last edited by ShakalDraconis on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Thu May 11, 2017 8:46 am

Have you checked the pottery studio?

ShakalDraconis
Servant

Post by ShakalDraconis » Fri May 12, 2017 2:40 am

I've already got the red paint in my broken mug, going back to the studio only gives me the option to leave, or to get my balls slapped. Tomorrow I'll try just leaving instead of getting the ball busting.
Last edited by ShakalDraconis on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Fri May 12, 2017 6:23 am

Seppel wrote:Have you checked the pottery studio?
Seriously. After I got ran out of there by Calamity for a mug? Seriously???
"I play it for the game mechanics."

ShakalDraconis
Servant

Post by ShakalDraconis » Mon May 15, 2017 9:19 am

Seppel wrote:Have you checked the pottery studio?
I have already gotten the paint, and tried going back to the studio after that several times now. I can either just leave, or get my balls slapped. Neither seems to be advancing things any further.

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Wed May 17, 2017 7:50 am

If you've got the paint and you've got the fact that Catalina scares easily...

[spoiler]...has Bounder (Photography) told you about the song?

If so, then you should be able to approach Catalina.[/spoiler]

ShakalDraconis
Servant

Post by ShakalDraconis » Wed May 17, 2017 9:30 am

Seppel wrote:If you've got the paint and you've got the fact that Catalina scares easily...
...has Bounder (Photography) told you about the song?

If so, then you should be able to approach Catalina.
I have the paint, been told by the programming professor that Catalina scares easilly, and Bounder has told me about the Sonata and to knock with Ease (actually E's). I've tried going back to Catalina and didn't have any new options, tomorrow I'll report with exactly what options I have in her classroom.
Last edited by ShakalDraconis on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Wed May 17, 2017 2:01 pm

ShakalDraconis wrote:
Seppel wrote:If you've got the paint and you've got the fact that Catalina scares easily...

[spoiler]...has Bounder (Photography) told you about the song?

If so, then you should be able to approach Catalina.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I have the paint, been told by the programming professor that Catalina scares easilly, and Bounder has told me about the Sonata and to knock with Ease (actually E's). I've tried going back to Catalina and didn't have any new options, tomorrow I'll report with exactly what options I have in her classroom.[/spoiler]
I checked your saved game and nothing looks wrong. You should be able to approach Catalina.

If you don't have it, send me a screenshot. It should be the second to last option.

ShakalDraconis
Servant

Post by ShakalDraconis » Thu May 18, 2017 2:58 am

Seppel wrote:
ShakalDraconis wrote:
...has Bounder (Photography) told you about the song?

If so, then you should be able to approach Catalina.
I have the paint, been told by the programming professor that Catalina scares easilly, and Bounder has told me about the Sonata and to knock with Ease (actually E's). I've tried going back to Catalina and didn't have any new options, tomorrow I'll report with exactly what options I have in her classroom.
I checked your saved game and nothing looks wrong. You should be able to approach Catalina.

If you don't have it, send me a screenshot. It should be the second to last option.
This time when I want to music class it was there. I swear I had the paint over 2 weeks ago and that was the last progress I made, and the last time I tried going to music class it wasn't there. Maybe the option when away if I said hi/interacted with her, and I didn't notice it immediately the last few times I tried, as there's a lot of dialogue options.
The important thing is progress is back to being made. Sorry for all the trouble!
Last edited by ShakalDraconis on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Thu May 18, 2017 8:41 am

No problem. I'm glad everything is okay!

Ytrewqqwerty1
Voyeur

Post by Ytrewqqwerty1 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:10 am

How do you fix the mug? I think it has something to do with pottery place, but every time I go there I get punched.

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Sun May 21, 2017 9:00 am

Ytrewqqwerty1 wrote:How do you fix the mug? I think it has something to do with pottery place, but every time I go there I get punched.
[spoiler]You don't! The mug base and handle are used for different things. ;)

If you'd like to do some pottery, I'd recommend getting some water and tongs if you don't have them already. Also, make sure you're on good terms with Noel.[/spoiler]

Akinokaze
Servant

Post by Akinokaze » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:55 am

How do I fix the electronics? I've tried everyone I thought would be connected but nothing.

Photography, programming, dorm and even molecular biology XD