[Strawberry] Help and Discussion!

For discussion of the Furoticon College Adventure!
Seppel
Site Admin

[Strawberry] Help and Discussion!

Post by Seppel » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:54 am

HUGE MASSIVE SPOILER WARNING:

(1) If you haven't completed this section, expect spoilers! Speculation is ok!

(2) Everyone may contribute as a team to complete Strawberry Adventure!
:tanrare: Seppel

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Re: [Strawberry Discussion 2] "It's another nice day at coll

Post by Taz » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:46 am

If you would think you need to actually head to the Library for a style guide after being recommended one by your English professor, then I am sad to inform you that getting books for study at the Library does not seem to yield you one, and as such, I do not think having a positive encounter in that area is at all possible at that level of progress. Save your days and try other areas instead.

ADD: OKAY SO APPARENTLY YOU CAN GET THE STYLE GUIDE AT THE LIBRARY AFTER ALL??? The only possibly different thing that I think I did was choose the option "I'll look into it" after being recommended it by your English professor, instead of asking for his help directly. Then Strawberry explicitly mentioned checking out Library the next day, so I used my last Fast-Forward to ensure my eyes were not deceiving me, and sure enough, the option to look for the Style Guide is right there in the Library right after she said that! And furthermore, getting the Style Guide doesn't even use up your day, so, new advice: do not go into the Library until after Strawberry explicitly mentions needing to go there!
"I play it for the game mechanics."

Seppel
Site Admin

Re: [Strawberry] Help and Discussion!

Post by Seppel » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:42 pm

I fixed a bug that, under ridiculously specific circumstances, will cause Sebastian to never ever stop talking to you. Ever.

Also Strawberry Adventure events were giving out 3% more points than they should have, so I fixed that too.

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:53 pm

. . . why do you have 1033 points? Soppol? :blank:

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:20 pm

Oops. That was me testing and forgetting to delete my game. XD

There was a Seppel there. It's gone now.

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:16 am

A lot of you are undoubtedly wondering, since it's taken me forever to even get this far, and yet am still the second-highest scoring player by a good margin.

The flashlight is in the Men's Locker Room. To gain access, you need to do a sequence of events starting with shooting down Phaiku after the group interview (kinda like the "I'll look into it" option with your English professor). Take note that you get your light source from an event that occurs on a Stay Day in the Men's Locker Room once you have access, so plan accordingly.

After you have your flashlight, you will have the opportunity to rescue someone trapped in a room further down the hallway. Take the lead, but have them go first. Otherwise you'll be ejected from the scenario in a non-sequitur manner that seems to just be a copy-paste of the failure message from that area. I swear, navigating the maze of options in this game is like sweeping a minefield of beaver dams. :fist:

Furman048
Coy

Post by Furman048 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:05 am

hi I need help I'm getting nowhere fast on strawberry adventure

[spoiler]I can't get close to the moth girl with out having a better tongue

I can't interview the jocks one-on-one or there couch

I can't get deeper into the ruins

but I can get the after hours fun in the library[/spoiler]

can any one point me the right way?
Real life the bane of role players everywhere

Tegome
Endowed

Post by Tegome » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:52 pm

Furman048 wrote:hi I need help I'm getting nowhere fast on strawberry adventure
There's someone Strawberry's really helped out that might help with that first problem you're having.
Having a better tongue doesn't necessarily mean being good at tongue twisters or being a smooth talker.
Yeah, it's a dirty reference. Does Strawberry know any women that might be appreciative of her help?
Go back to the Journalism office and eat Kris out.
im in ur furry gaem misplacin ur cardz
Official Furoticon Developer, Playtester, Tease

Furman048
Coy

Post by Furman048 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:22 am

Tegome wrote:
Furman048 wrote:hi I need help I'm getting nowhere fast on strawberry adventure
There's someone Strawberry's really helped out that might help with that first problem you're having.
Having a better tongue doesn't necessarily mean being good at tongue twisters or being a smooth talker.
Yeah, it's a dirty reference. Does Strawberry know any women that might be appreciative of her help?
Go back to the Journalism office and eat Kris out.

Thanks this dose help

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:05 am

As for your other two problems . . .

. . . literally both of them . . .
Taz wrote:The flashlight is in the Men's Locker Room. To gain access, you need to do a sequence of events starting with shooting down Phaiku after the group interview (kinda like the "I'll look into it" option with your English professor). Take note that you get your light source from an event that occurs on a Stay Day in the Men's Locker Room once you have access, so plan accordingly.

Furman048
Coy

Post by Furman048 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:09 am

Taz wrote:As for your other two problems . . .

. . . literally both of them . . .
Taz wrote:The flashlight is in the Men's Locker Room. To gain access, you need to do a sequence of events starting with shooting down Phaiku after the group interview (kinda like the "I'll look into it" option with your English professor). Take note that you get your light source from an event that occurs on a Stay Day in the Men's Locker Room once you have access, so plan accordingly.
well the thing is.....

[spoiler]every time I try a group interview it ends in a crazy fight and the couch tells me to leave

I can't find the English professor

and the men's locker room is locked on stay day[/spoiler]

sorry if I keep piling on more questions....

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:00 pm

Wait wait wait.
You can't find the English professor? Have you even published your newspaper article about the tentacles yet? You may need to do that first. He's in the Sauna. Show him your article's first draft and he'll criticize the formatting, asking if you even bothered getting the Style Guide recommended for his class. Do *not* ask for his help directly, instead say that you'll look into getting the Style Guide and then pick it up in the Library on the following day. Once you have that done and finished interviewing the rest of your professors, you can get your article finally published, which unlocks all sorts of new and fun stuff, such as the ability to learn cunnilingus.

Furman048
Coy

Post by Furman048 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:52 am

Taz wrote:Wait wait wait.
You can't find the English professor? Have you even published your newspaper article about the tentacles yet? You may need to do that first. He's in the Sauna. Show him your article's first draft and he'll criticize the formatting, asking if you even bothered getting the Style Guide recommended for his class. Do *not* ask for his help directly, instead say that you'll look into getting the Style Guide and then pick it up in the Library on the following day. Once you have that done and finished interviewing the rest of your professors, you can get your article finally published, which unlocks all sorts of new and fun stuff, such as the ability to learn cunnilingus.

Thanks I will do that now

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:14 am

I have waited over a week--including an entire continuous week--for Sebastian to get back to me on the sample analysis. How much time does he need?!?

polkakitty
Charmer

Post by polkakitty » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:00 pm

Well, in Sebastian's story, I found that at one point, you will have to go to the dorm, call Strawberry, and leave a message for her. Then, if you mouse over the icon for that plot thread, it will say something like "I hope she calls me back soon".

However, what took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out is that you don't have to wait for any given number of days for her to call you back. What you have to do is to spend another day at the dorm and select "Call Strawberry" again, and then Sebastian will find that Strawberry has left a message for him. I don't know whether you have to do the same thing in Strawberry's story, but I think it's worth trying. (In any case, I'd expect that you'd have to do something specific before Sebastian calls you back, rather than just waiting for a given number of days.)

(Also, for what it's worth, I think it would be awesome if there was a game like this, where you had different people playing parts of the game in an episodic format as different characters, and it would actually pair you up with someone playing the other character without telling you who it was (maybe, at the end of the game, it could reveal who your partner was and let you send a message to them or something,) and the other character in your game actually reflected what your partner was doing, and you could help each other solve your problems. For a minute, when I was trying to figure out how to get the call back from Strawberry, I actually wondered if the game was doing something like that, but by all evidence, everything the other character does is predetermined. And I'll admit that if you wanted to make a game do this, you'd have to find ways around some huge logistical problems, like how could you make sure one player still had a fair chance to continue if their partner played the first part of the game, then lost interest and stopped?)
Last edited by polkakitty on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:05 am

The main method for contacting Sebastian throughout this entire dang plot thread has been going to the dorm and checking your phone for messages. I've been doing this repeatedly, as well as waiting an entire in-game week between message-checking attempts, but still the icon reads that "I should give him time to analyze them."

TBH I'm wondering if I was the one player who somehow stumbled upon that game-breaking bug Seppel posted about. If tomorrow I check my phone for messages and actually finally get progress out of it, the timing would be mighty uncanny, to say the least.

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:05 am

You're not that player. :)

UrzaMTG
Coy

Post by UrzaMTG » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:16 am

Taz wrote:The main method for contacting Sebastian throughout this entire dang plot thread has been going to the dorm and checking your phone for messages. I've been doing this repeatedly, as well as waiting an entire in-game week between message-checking attempts, but still the icon reads that "I should give him time to analyze them."
There's something else you should be doing while you wait.
Perhaps there's someone new to meet somewhere on campus?
Try going back to some places where you didn't have much to do before, and see if anything has changed.
Go to the Commons.

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:08 pm

Yeah, I have since figured it out and now have my key to the new place where I am to meet my new friend.

I kinda forgot what days the meetings were on, however.

UrzaMTG
Coy

Post by UrzaMTG » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:52 am

Rise and... Um... the Thursday equivalent. The one after Hump day.

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:35 am

I think that one's Balance Day?

Anyway, thanks, Urza! (A phrase I never anticipated myself saying, but here we are.)

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:18 pm

Congrats to UrzaMTG, Taz and AppleSauce for finishing Strawberry Adventure!

tipoima
Voyeur

Post by tipoima » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:46 am

So, I need to "organise an orgy". I think there is a way to do it in the library, but I'm trying every option for quite a while and I'm not getting anywhere. Can someone give me a hint?

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:07 pm

Try the privacy of your dorm. ;)

ShakalDraconis
Coy

Post by ShakalDraconis » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:05 am

I've been spinning my wheels for about a month now, from some of the hints above I think I know what I'm supposed to be doing, but apparently seem to keep missing the mark somehow.

[spoiler]I've been to the gym a ton, had the group interview several times, and afterward show down Phaiku a couple different ways. but I don't think I ever got a key or anything that would let me come back on Stay Day like a key or anything like that. If I have something, It's not showing in my 'inventory'.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I also think I've eaten out Kris, but again I've got no indication that I've done so. Returning to the office and trying different things just has me eventually turning in sub-par articles, I don't have options to give 'extra work' anymore.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]My current 'inventory': Exploring the swamp (including having the key to the abandoned dorm), I've found the abandoned dorm (and wonder what's in it), I have the Mandragora Sample, and I have a bunch of wildlife samples from the swamp (noting I need at least 3 more specific samples)[/spoiler]

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:28 am

[spoiler]If you've eaten out Kris, then you're ready for Aria in the swamp.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Set your sights on Daniel in the Gym. He'll give you a key to get in on Friday. And from there you'll get what you need to tackle the abandoned dorm.[/spoiler]

Good luck!

ShakalDraconis
Coy

Post by ShakalDraconis » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:48 am

[spoiler]I've had him walk me home to my dorm a couple times now, do I have to do it on the right day, or enough times for him to give me the key?[/spoiler]

Akinokaze
Servant

Post by Akinokaze » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:47 am

ShakalDraconis wrote:I've been spinning my wheels for about a month now, from some of the hints above I think I know what I'm supposed to be doing, but apparently seem to keep missing the mark somehow.

[spoiler]My current 'inventory': Exploring the swamp (including having the key to the abandoned dorm), I've found the abandoned dorm (and wonder what's in it), I have the Mandragora Sample, and I have a bunch of wildlife samples from the swamp (noting I need at least 3 more specific samples)[/spoiler]
I seem to be stuck now myself.

I have the same clues as you [spoiler]except that I also have "Hard water spring" plus "Sample from aria" .and do not have the mandragora, guessing that was the tree at the spring, though it didn't do anything when I climbed it[/spoiler]

I tried playing with the tentacles and entering the dorm but neither of those added anything to my samples.

ShakalDraconis
Coy

Post by ShakalDraconis » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:14 am

[spoiler]Definately confirmed I don't have the key yet, Stay Day came around and I only get a "The Gym is Locked, what a shame" trying to go there.[/spoiler]

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:29 pm

[spoiler]There's definitely an option at the gym that you're overlooking then. There's three distinct successes you need to achieve there before Daniel will give you the key.[/spoiler]

Akinokaze
Servant

Post by Akinokaze » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:40 pm

Thanks got the key.

Now I just need to work out what to do about the water and how to get anymore samples other than the "Aria" and "wildlife" ones.

tipoima
Voyeur

Post by tipoima » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:10 am

Can you get more orgasms from doing the same thing, or do you need to do 50 unique actions? I'm kinda stuck at 44 and can't get more

Akinokaze
Servant

Post by Akinokaze » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:59 am

I'm not sure if I just encountered a bug, I just got a sample that doesn't make sense from the actions taken.

[spoiler]I just got "sample from cadence". However I didn't do anything that would connect to getting her pheremones. All I did was help her to escape, which resulted in me getting a sample of glowing water.... a sample that doesn't show up as one of my clues....[/spoiler]

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:37 pm

Akinokaze wrote:I'm not sure if I just encountered a bug, I just got a sample that doesn't make sense from the actions taken.

[spoiler]I just got "sample from cadence". However I didn't do anything that would connect to getting her pheremones. All I did was help her to escape, which resulted in me getting a sample of glowing water.... a sample that doesn't show up as one of my clues....[/spoiler]
You grabbed the sample when you had Cadence go first. :)

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:38 pm

tipoima wrote:Can you get more orgasms from doing the same thing, or do you need to do 50 unique actions? I'm kinda stuck at 44 and can't get more
The only things you can do multiple times are get more study materials from the library and study in the dorm.

Akinokaze
Servant

Post by Akinokaze » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:15 pm

Seppel wrote:
Akinokaze wrote:I'm not sure if I just encountered a bug, I just got a sample that doesn't make sense from the actions taken.

You grabbed the sample when you had Cadence go first. :)
Odd, I'd swear I read everything but don't remember anything at all that could be connected to that. Only thing that stood out was the glowing water after the orb.

Akinokaze
Servant

Post by Akinokaze » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:56 pm

I seem to be stuck at 38 orgasms, nothing I do on campus has been increasing it at all, not even repeating some of the actions.

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:58 am

* Check out study materials and study in your dorm (slow, but repeatable to an extent)
* Play with Daniel
* Play with Tarsica
* Play with Marlii
* Play in the Archives
* Or just buy the third forbidden book from the Library for autowin (it gives +15)

equino
Voyeur

Post by equino » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:25 am

where are the archives?

Akinokaze
Servant

Post by Akinokaze » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:53 pm

As far as I can tell I've done everything with everyone now, plus I've exhausted the all my chances of studying [been stuck at 48 for at least 2 weeks now I think no matter how many books I take or study sessions I do at home (though no idea how either of these helps with sex XD)]

I'm completely out of ideas now.

Also, I really think there needs to be somewhere in the two games that records what is available to you on each day. It's REALLY hard to keep track of it, especially since it doesn't follow the monday-sunday system but instead it's own names.]

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:32 pm

The only things you're missing are...

6 orgasms from Gloria (4 scenes in archives)
4 orgasms from Lecta (1 scene in archive)
3 orgasms from Daniel (1 scene in Gym)
1 bonus scene from Sebastian (1 scene at Dorm, requires 100% Daniel scenes.)