No Commons in Climax?

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
Astrid Varelse
Charmer

No Commons in Climax?

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:48 pm

Sort of weird. I'm sure a few others have noticed, but the only cards which have the common rarity are Home Havens, and Tokens... Here's hoping that packs of cards from Climax reflect those changes and have only one or two commons per pack at most. Almost makes you wonder why this ( :clic: ) exists Lol
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Re: No Commons in Climax?

Post by Taz » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:21 pm

There are no Climax booster packs. All the cards (promotional printings aside) are distributed between the 2-player deckboxes, complete with Constructed-compatible 40-card decks (though, of course, I personally recommend finding more AP Havens to use with them).

The better question, given the above premise, is why :clis: exists and is only present on the 2-player Tanglebrook Owners.
"I play it for the game mechanics."

polkakitty
Charmer

Post by polkakitty » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:33 pm

I noticed that all the cards that there are 1 of in each Climax deck are marked as rare, and all the cards that there are 2 of are marked as uncommon. I thought that was a pretty clever way to have the rarity markings still have something to do with the difficulty of obtaining a full set of 3 of each card, even though the content of Climax decks isn't subject to any random factor.
Taz wrote:The better question, given the above premise, is why :clis: exists and is only present on the 2-player Tanglebrook Owners.
So it is. Quickfingers and Somn are marked as starter-only, but Caramel and Spitty-kitty are marked as rare.

I would guess that this was a mistake and all 4 Owners were supposed to be marked as starter-only, but it doesn't actually affect gameplay in any case.

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:37 pm

Taz wrote:There are no Climax booster packs. All the cards (promotional printings aside) are distributed between the 2-player deckboxes, complete with Constructed-compatible 40-card decks (though, of course, I personally recommend finding more AP Havens to use with them).
Good point, surprised I hadn't noticed... Sort of disappointing primarily because it removes a lot of the collection aspect... Because any cards which are a 1-of in the decks are effectively 'rare' regardless of the cards actual rarity because the only way to obtain a play-set (3 of a given card) would be to purchase 3 of the decks...

It's litterally: Come buy 3 of the Bronze Bundles... AKA Climax Pt1 = $240.
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

LittleBoyEni
Mischievous

Post by LittleBoyEni » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:43 am

BlackDragonIV wrote:Sort of weird. I'm sure a few others have noticed, but the only cards which have the common rarity are Home Havens, and Tokens... Here's hoping that packs of cards from Climax reflect those changes and have only one or two commons per pack at most. Almost makes you wonder why this ( :clic: ) exists Lol

Technically speaking, it's on every card. It's always a black symbol bordered by a certain color ;D