Cockatrice, Magic Set Editor, and Furoticon Online

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
Gr33NSTL
Voyeur

Cockatrice, Magic Set Editor, and Furoticon Online

Post by Gr33NSTL » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:25 pm

So there's this great program called Cockatrice, which allows users to play card games like Magic: the Gathering online for free. I can't afford to buy Furoticon cards right now, but I took some time to add the cards from the vanilla set to the program. I'll be taking the time over the next few days/weeks to add the rest of the cards, as well as to organize all of the preconstructed decks. However, I do know that Furoticon Online is in development and I don't want to step on any toes. I'm curious to know if there would be any interest in setting up a playgroup for Cockatrice and whether or not that's an okay thing for me to do.

Beyond that, there is another wonderful program called Magic Set Editor, which allows users to design cards using templates of popular card games. In my quest to upload the game to Cockatrice I've noticed that some cards don't have versions in updated frames; I'm hoping to update the other cards and therefore have the entire collection in one format. Beyond that, it would be fun to create Owner cards (vanilla versions, the ones that allow for all genders and have no extra Skills)! Once again, I don't want to step out of line here; I don't know if this is something that's been brought up before (though quick forum searches lead me to doubt that it is) or if it's breaking copyright laws or anything crazy like that.

So, in summation:

1) Is it bad if I render the cards in the Cockatrice client to play with them?
2) Would anyone like to join me, assuming that it's okay to play?
3) Does anyone have any help for customizing cards?
4) Before I forget, is there any way to find the image gallery for the cards without searching through the FA profiles and/or websites of all of the authors?

Seppel
Site Admin

Re: Cockatrice, Magic Set Editor, and Furoticon Online

Post by Seppel » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:58 pm

All the card images are available at http://furoticon.com/spoiler.php

Our general rule is that as long as it's for private use and not for sale, we're okay with people porting Furoticon over to other systems. :)
:tanrare: Seppel

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:04 pm

I've actually been trying to see if people were interested in playing Furoticon via Tabletop Simulator, I've gone through a fair bit of effort to set everything up and I even host all the resources on a private server.

This includes:
  • Pre-constructed Decks
  • All Cards
  • Custom counters (Pain, Dream, Energy, -5 Max SP and Experience)
[Click to Expand]
[Click to Expand]
I've been avoiding a lot of the programs such as Cockatrice because I find them very confusing especially since you have to do everything in terms of Magic the Gathering, you can't simply make your own custom card data and script your own game mechanics.

All of the sudden Havens are 'lands' and you don't want to tap them, and you need to keep track of all of your AP and GP in a notepad or IRL with paper... Personally I really enjoy Tabletop Simulator because even though it's manual, your performing the same manual things -- And if something happens and you make a mistake, Tabletop Simulator has a undo button xD
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

Gr33NSTL
Voyeur

Post by Gr33NSTL » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:30 pm

BlackDragonIV wrote:I've actually been trying to see if people were interested in playing Furoticon via Tabletop Simulator, I've gone through a fair bit of effort to set everything up and I even host all the resources on a private server.
Well, as far as mechanics go, it's pretty simple. But Tabletop simulator sounds like a MUCH better idea! I'll keep adding the cards to Cockatrice, but TSim sounds like the way to go. Any advice on getting on that with you? I'm 100% down.

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:51 pm

Gr33NSTL wrote:Any advice on getting on that with you? I'm 100% down.
Buy Tabletop Simulator on Steam, and watch this video to get started creating your own decks -- Like I said, you can download all the cards for Furoticon via my private server, under the Furoticon/Cards directory you'll find "AllFuroticonCards.zip", it's everything that's available via the sortable spoiler. -- Mind you it's all by the card ID, but it's not too bad since you can use the spoiler to help find the numbers you need.
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread