Looking for games of Furoticon at MidWest Furfest 2015!

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
Slipsteam
Voyeur

Looking for games of Furoticon at MidWest Furfest 2015!

Post by Slipsteam » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:44 pm

Hey, I'm looking to meet fellow players and get in some games at MWFF2015!

If you've got some time and a deck, leave a message here.

Let's play!! XD

polkakitty
Charmer

Re: Looking for games of Furoticon at MidWest Furfest 2015!

Post by polkakitty » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:11 am

Dang, I wish I'd read this during the con. For what it's worth, I tend to spend a fair amount of time at cons hanging around the traditional gaming room and trying to get a round started of whatever catches my interest, but that's mainly when I don't have anything else to do, so I wouldn't call it a reliable way to find me or anything.

I distinctly remember that at the first few cons I went to (around 2008 - 2009,) there would always be a message board set up in a central area with reminders of people who were there and room parties they were planning, but I haven't really seen that at more recent cons. Is it assumed that everyone just uses iPhone apps for that sort of thing now?

In general, anytime Furoticon has an official presence at a con, there will be official tournaments on Friday and Saturday nights that you can sign up for, but I think it would be really nice if there were other times and places you could meet up with other players, particularly for people who want to show off their constructed decks (which seems to have gotten slighted at recent cons in comparison to other formats.)

If anyone else is interested, maybe we could start having unofficial meetups during cons? Like, say, we could get some players together at a local gay bar sometime like Sunday afternoon when there are relatively few other events that people might be planning to go to? (For what it's worth, I'm not the sort of person that normally spends a lot of time going to bars of any kind, but I'm making that suggestion in particular for a few reasons:)

- Since a local gay bar isn't part of the con proper, it's not subject to any arguments about what the con does or doesn't want to be associated with.

- In general, gay bars are thought of as being more sexual spaces than, say, the local Primanti Brothers, and they aren't concerned with being a place for anyone to bring their kids to or anything.

- In recent years, it's actually become pretty common for local businesses to actively invite in furries during cons, and it has been my impression at least that gay bars do this particularly often, so I think they'd be a good choice from the perspective of the owners and regular patrons already being understanding and accepting of furries.

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:07 pm

Honestly while I was reading your post Polka I was almost taken aback when you mentioned gay bars because it's seems senseless by comparison to regular bars. Just caught me off guard because I've never been to a gay bar, let alone though of playing Furoticon at one. Never the less, not only does it make a lot of sense!

Sadly however I really don't know any events I can attend anyway... They would have to be in the east
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

polkakitty
Charmer

Post by polkakitty » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:40 am

Well, someone has actually put together a map of furry cons that you can look over, and the northeastern US, if anything, has the most and best furry cons in the world. In particular, depending on exactly where in Ontario you live, Motor City Furry Con and maybe Midwest FurFest might not be too far away. (There's also Furnal Equinox, which is the biggest furry con in Canada, but unfortunately, it doesn't look like Tail Kiss Studio is going to be showing up there, probably because there are so many difficulties in transporting sexual material across borders....)

When it comes to the gay bars, part of it was also that I suspected people there would be more tolerant of people coming in to play a game where some of both the characters and the players are straight than a straight bar would be of people playing a game where some of the characters and players are gay.