Need Help getting caught up!

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
Post Reply
Otlan
Wild
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 10:14 am
Location: Someware in Centreal NY

Need Help getting caught up!

Post by Otlan » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:15 pm

Ok, so I've been gone a Long time. Too Long if Fact if two new Series are being released -_- . I just have a Few questions, and most of them Popped up when I was exploring the Forums Icon. I see there are Icons for the Rail Heist and Caramel. No surprised there. What DID Surprise me though is, that there were two New Rarity Icons, :brup: and :carp: . According to these Icons, they represents Promo Cards...Promo Cards. Now, my question is, How dose one get they're hands on these Promo Cards, and what would you have to trade in order to get one?

My other questions just concern the Icons in General. Why are there no Icons Representing the First Series? Or for that matter, the Four Gender Generation Cards? Moorlands, Woods, Heights and Outskirts?

User avatar
Astrid Varelse
Charmer
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:22 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Need Help getting caught up!

Post by Astrid Varelse » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:40 pm

Otlan wrote:Now, my question is, How dose one get they're hands on these Promo Cards, and what would you have to trade in order to get one?
Generally given out as pre-order bonuses when a set is released.
Otlan wrote:My other questions just concern the Icons in General. Why are there no Icons Representing the First Series? Or for that matter, the Four Gender Generation Cards? Moorlands, Woods, Heights and Outskirts?
If you click "View more smilies", you can find :so: (Starter-Only) :common: (Common) :uncommon: (Uncommon) :rare: (Rare) and :home: (Home), I do believe those are the original symboles for rarity and home.
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

User avatar
Astrid Varelse
Charmer
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:22 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Need Help getting caught up!

Post by Astrid Varelse » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:44 pm

Also note that, according to my collector card list, Promos have been around since Second Vanilla save for Di'Ahla's Awakening
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

Otlan
Wild
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 10:14 am
Location: Someware in Centreal NY

Re: Need Help getting caught up!

Post by Otlan » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:31 pm

BlackDragonIV wrote:
Otlan wrote:Now, my question is, How dose one get they're hands on these Promo Cards, and what would you have to trade in order to get one?
Generally given out as pre-order bonuses when a set is released.
Otlan wrote:My other questions just concern the Icons in General. Why are there no Icons Representing the First Series? Or for that matter, the Four Gender Generation Cards? Moorlands, Woods, Heights and Outskirts?
If you click "View more smilies", you can find :so: (Starter-Only) :common: (Common) :uncommon: (Uncommon) :rare: (Rare) and :home: (Home), I do believe those are the original symboles for rarity and home.
Oh, Cool n_n . Thanks Black Dragon n_n . I wonder why they only Included the Promo Sysmbol for the two most recent collections though...And I'm a little Confused, are the Pre Order for the Rail Heist still going on or has it already been relesed and I just Majorly Missed my chance?

User avatar
Magetorment
Endowed
Posts: 691
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:45 am

Re: Need Help getting caught up!

Post by Magetorment » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:50 pm

We've had full art Promo cards since 2nd Vanilla, but we started adding the red color with Fortune at Vell's End.

Unfortunately the pre-orders for Brundali have come and gone. However fret not, there are more ways to get promos. We also hand them out at live events (typically conventions we attend, playing in tournaments auto-nets you one). If you can't make the events, check our trading forums. It's always a good place to track down older, out of print cards or promos you may have missed. All the promos are textless full-art variants of other cards in the set, so they're purely for collecting purposes.

Otlan
Wild
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 10:14 am
Location: Someware in Centreal NY

Re: Need Help getting caught up!

Post by Otlan » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:10 pm

Magetorment wrote:We've had full art Promo cards since 2nd Vanilla, but we started adding the red color with Fortune at Vell's End.

Unfortunately the pre-orders for Brundali have come and gone. However fret not, there are more ways to get promos. We also hand them out at live events (typically conventions we attend, playing in tournaments auto-nets you one). If you can't make the events, check our trading forums. It's always a good place to track down older, out of print cards or promos you may have missed. All the promos are textless full-art variants of other cards in the set, so they're purely for collecting purposes.
Hmmm, seems I'll have to getto some of these events then n_n . I've been wanting to get more involved in this anyway and try my handat a Tournament or two n_n . Even if I don't win, it'll just be niceto have other people to play against XD .

User avatar
Magetorment
Endowed
Posts: 691
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:45 am

Re: Need Help getting caught up!

Post by Magetorment » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:39 pm

Otlan wrote: Hmmm, seems I'll have to getto some of these events then n_n . I've been wanting to get more involved in this anyway and try my handat a Tournament or two n_n . Even if I don't win, it'll just be niceto have other people to play against XD .
Indeed! Tournaments are the best way to learn and we usually have good people at them. Plus the promos you get just for participating. Winning nets you more boosters.

User avatar
Marchandique
Tease
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:52 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Need Help getting caught up!

Post by Marchandique » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:57 am

Otlan wrote:Hmmm, seems I'll have to getto some of these events then n_n . I've been wanting to get more involved in this anyway and try my handat a Tournament or two n_n . Even if I don't win, it'll just be niceto have other people to play against XD .
I've only been capable of joining the webcam tournaments, 'cause I don't live in America or Canada. You can also check those out when someone sets one up again. I've lost every single tournament I've joined, but I still had fun playing with my deck. But next time I'll use my stronger deck! You hear that, Cuddles and Dragon!? Just you wait!
Also you can get promo cards randomly in boosters. I got a couple of Tribes promos that way. They're more rare than usual rares though. I think. No idea!

cuddles
Tease
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:34 pm

Re: Need Help getting caught up!

Post by cuddles » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:38 am

Marchandique wrote:I still had fun playing with my deck, but next time I'll use my stronger deck!
I didn't think your deck did bad, running three colors is hard to play. But Wait, you took it easy on me? From what I can remember, half way through I was wondering how to knock down your stamina. Plus, I think we ended by time.

I was able to get a promo from Strawberry and Caramel, so their is hope if you get some packs. Can anyone tell me why some sets give you a chance at promos in packs.
C♥ddles

User avatar
Marchandique
Tease
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:52 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Need Help getting caught up!

Post by Marchandique » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:01 pm

cuddles wrote:I didn't think your deck did bad, running three colors is hard to play. But Wait, you took it easy on me? From what I can remember, half way through I was wondering how to knock down your stamina. Plus, I think we ended by time.
I definitely didn't go easy on you. But as you say, balance amongst 3 colors is a hard thing to achieve in a deck. Tunnelbider was the first card I considered to be my favourite, looking mostly at the art. So I just wanted to build a deck around her somehow. I'm still trying to find that balance, but I'm getting there. Each time I play I spot weaknesses or strengths I need to reinforce. That's also why I keep using it.
My other deck is simply 2 colors, so in my opinion it has a better chance at victory. Hence why I call it 'stronger'.

Otlan
Wild
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 10:14 am
Location: Someware in Centreal NY

Re: Need Help getting caught up!

Post by Otlan » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:44 pm

Magetorment wrote:
Otlan wrote: Hmmm, seems I'll have to getto some of these events then n_n . I've been wanting to get more involved in this anyway and try my handat a Tournament or two n_n . Even if I don't win, it'll just be niceto have other people to play against XD .
Indeed! Tournaments are the best way to learn and we usually have good people at them. Plus the promos you get just for participating. Winning nets you more boosters.
The problem though is, trying to go to these places were Furoticon is. Only a few are somewhat close to NY, so getting the Money together and trying to travel is a bit of a bitch -_- . Still, would Love to someday n_n . Wantto meet alot ofyou guys in person and play you and trade n_n .

Otlan
Wild
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 10:14 am
Location: Someware in Centreal NY

Re: Need Help getting caught up!

Post by Otlan » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:46 pm

Marchandique wrote:
Otlan wrote:Hmmm, seems I'll have to getto some of these events then n_n . I've been wanting to get more involved in this anyway and try my handat a Tournament or two n_n . Even if I don't win, it'll just be niceto have other people to play against XD .
I've only been capable of joining the webcam tournaments, 'cause I don't live in America or Canada. You can also check those out when someone sets one up again. I've lost every single tournament I've joined, but I still had fun playing with my deck. But next time I'll use my stronger deck! You hear that, Cuddles and Dragon!? Just you wait!
Also you can get promo cards randomly in boosters. I got a couple of Tribes promos that way. They're more rare than usual rares though. I think. No idea!
The problem with that though is, I don't have a Webcam, and I have Dial-Up Internet on my Computer at home, so that's not an Option -_- .

Post Reply