Future Keyword & Mechanic Ideas

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
Marik
Site Admin

Future Keyword & Mechanic Ideas

Post by Marik » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:00 pm

KEYWORD IDEAS
  • Frigid X (reduce the Pleasure this Furre recieves by X.) Primary a Female ability but not exclusive to females, Frigid adds a great defensive element to Furres that have it. You could add additional restrictions to it as well, for example you could have it so a female Furre is only frigid against Males, Herms, and Otherkin, where you would put "Frigid X against Males, Herms, and Otherkin." This means that she still receives pleasure normally from other females, but the pleasure recieved from other genders is reduced by X.
  • Experienced X (During your Main Phase you may exhaust this Furre at no AP cost. If you do, add X Gender Points of any Gender this card has in its cost to your resource pool. At the end of your turn, deal 1 Pleasure to yourself for each GP produced by this Furre that was not used.) Had this idea rather randomly to not only represent Furres who have enough years of experiance that they can "teach" other Furres (bringing them into play other words). Could definitely see it used a lot in Herm cards to increase resource speed, but I could see it being used in all genders as well. Alternative names could be Connections, Network, and Coax.
  • Dom X (During your Main Phase you may exhaust this Furre at no AP cost. If you do, add X Action Points to your AP Pool. At the end of your turn, deal 1 Pleasure to yourself for each AP produced by this Furre that was not used.) Basically just an AP version of Experienced.
  • Sub {cost} (This Furre may only Swing by paying {cost}.) A good card that will allow defensive cards to still Swing, but only at a higher cost. Thought it was a good opposite to the Dom keyword too.
  • Lecher (Swinging with this Furre costs no AP.) Could go by any number of other names, but the premise is pretty simple: a Furre that actively and without command will willingly go out and seek sex. Simple enough.
  • Easy (Putting Out with this Furre costs no AP.) The opposite of Lecher, Easy would definitely be a good defensive ability.
  • Tantric {cost} (If the Tantric cost was paid, remove 1 Pleasure from this Furre.) Again, could be called any number of things, but the theme of this is a Furre able to be able to calm themselves down via whatever method (mind over body, etc).
  • Plenty of other ideas for this, but will leave it at that for right now.
MECHANIC IDEAS
  • New Card Type - Assistant: A harem is only as good as the people who employ it, whether you work in the sex trade or just work to help clean up, do finances, or whatever else. Unlike Furres, Assistants don't normally involve themselves in the whole rigmarole of sex. Instead, they work on everything else that makes a good harem run. Assistants are permanents that have either passive effects that are always present, effects which must be activated, or one-time use effects that can be used at any time at the cost of the Assistant getting Exhausted. So why add Assistants? It adds another level of depth to the game, both gameplay wise and story-wise. For instance you can have your Harem try to sabotage the other Harem using underhanded tactics, such as taking out Assistants, manipulating them, or stealing them. Kind of act like Assets from UFS or Artifacts from Magic.
  • New Card Types - Harems & Bedrooms: A pretty fun idea I had inspired from card games that use "Locations". Instead, unlike most games that use Locations, each player can have a Harem out. However, each player can only have a single Harem in play. Could definitely be a fun mechanic that could help certain deck types or, better yet, help enhance theme decks. You could take this even a step further and have a single neutral card called a "Bedroom". Only one Bedroom can be in play at a time and when a player plays a Bedroom it removes the current Bedroom in play and replaces it. Again, just thought it was a cool idea to add a bit more depth to an already brilliant game.
  • Multi/Dual Color Cards: A cool idea to consider if you ever want to strengthen the playing capability of multicolor decks, Dual Color Cards could be paid with one type or another of Gender Points and multicolor Havens could produce one or two types of Gender Points. Dual Color Cards could also solve the problem of certain cards, which could very well be dual or multi-gender (for example if you were to create a card called Tittyfuck, you could have it dual-color Female/Herm).
  • Again, I have more ideas, but I think this will be good enough for now.
- Marik (aka Mr. Blue Font)

Seppel
Site Admin

Re: Future Keyword & Mechanic Ideas

Post by Seppel » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:43 pm

Thanks for the ideas!

In September, I believe I'll be able to decide whether a second set is feasible.
:tanrare: Seppel

Marik
Site Admin

Post by Marik » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:48 pm

Seppel wrote:Thanks for the ideas!

In September, I believe I'll be able to decide whether a second set is feasible.
Sounds groovy. If you need help putting the set together (card ideas, set themes, etc) let me know, I rock with that kinda stuff and can theme a set fairly easily.

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:54 pm

Marik wrote:

Sounds groovy. If you need help putting the set together (card ideas, set themes, etc) let me know, I rock with that kinda stuff and can theme a set fairly easily.
If there is a second set, it'll have a BDSM theme based around a novel that Callista is tentatively planning to write.

The proposed idea is to have a "vanilla" basic set, and fetish-themed expansions. :)
:tanrare: Seppel

Marik
Site Admin

Post by Marik » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:11 pm

Seppel wrote:
Marik wrote:

If there is a second set, it'll have a BDSM theme based around a novel that Callista is tentatively planning to write.

The proposed idea is to have a "vanilla" basic set, and fetish-themed expansions. :)
Hmm, I can see that working for a bit, but some fetishes are a bit limiting, BDSM being about the most diverse. Have you also considered other kinds of themes to base expansions around? Such as having a Fan Vote of species, picking the top X species, and making a "Kinship" style thing? Or perhaps doing other themes such as locations and settings (night club themes, bar themes, etc)? Lots of ideas out there, just gotta search for 'em.

In any case if you need help with the expansion (if and when it happens) I'd be more than willing to delve into some mechanics. In fact I can probably cook up a few ideas right now. *does so*