Furoticon Reddit is active again!

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Furoticon Reddit is active again!

Post by Astrid Varelse » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:24 pm

Check out /r/furoticon on Image
Icon June 4th 2007, from redditalien.com
-
It would be awesome to see more of the Furoticon community participate in discussions! -- It might even give me -50 :sp: ;)

Although it's not officially run by Tail Kiss Studio, it'll be a great one-stop-shop for everything Furoticon related! I know there are many people who read Furoticons' official website and forums to keep up with the game, and I think Reddit will be a great way to socialize in the community. So whether you've found something cool on the forums, or your just curious about a bit of rule text, come over to the subreddit and talk about it!
Last edited by Astrid Varelse on Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

polkakitty
Charmer

Re: Furoticon Reddit is active again!

Post by polkakitty » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:23 am

I don't want to slam you when you're trying to help, but I'm not sure there's a need for a forum on Reddit when we already have this one. It would be nice if we could get some people from other subreddits interested in playing, though. Maybe you should contact the mods on /r/furry and see if they'll add this to their "related subreddits" list (/r/furry itself doesn't want explicitly sexual material posted, and seems to be mostly younger furs, but it does link to /r/yiff. I'm not really sure what the thinking is there....) There's also /r/cardgames, which seems to be the least dead card-game-related sub that I could find, but they don't seem to have a policy about whether sexual material is allowed.

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:47 am

polkakitty wrote:I don't want to slam you when you're trying to help, but I'm not sure there's a need for a forum on Reddit when we already have this one.
That's alright, regardless I see no reason why the forum and the reddit cannot co-exist. :)
polkakitty wrote:It would be nice if we could get some people from other subreddits interested in playing, though.
Awesome advice, I'll keep an eye out for potential subreddits! (Already messaged /r/yiff)
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

Drex
Charmer

Post by Drex » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:37 pm

I'd say the reason they can't really co-exist is because it fragments an already small community. I don't really mind either way, but I do agree with Polka on this one. It's already bad enough that people have to look at the main page, the forums, and offbeatr to be fully caught up on everything Furoticon. Still, Bozo ran that reddit for a while and it didn't really get much interest, so I don't see it really making a comeback. You're welcome to try though! ^^
I'm that otter that hates fish and swimming. ^^

polkakitty
Charmer

Post by polkakitty » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:52 pm

Drex wrote:It's already bad enough that people have to look at the main page, the forums, and offbeatr to be fully caught up on everything Furoticon.
Ironically, I'm pretty sure that was the problem Reddit was originally intended to solve (back when it first launched and didn't have comments or self posts.) You could just subscribe to whatever you wanted updates on, and check your front page to see anything relevant that was happening, like watching people on FA, but then it became just another thing you have to check on....
Drex wrote:Still, Bozo ran that reddit for a while and it didn't really get much interest, so I don't see it really making a comeback.
Well, people certainly haven't posted on it, but apparently there are 104 subscribers, so someone must at least be using it to watch for updates....

Drex
Charmer

Post by Drex » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:03 pm

True, it's meant to put everything in one place. The thing is, it's not how it's going to happen. At the very least the forums will have discussions that reddit won't. So even if every single detail and update from Furoticon.com and offbeater were put on reddit, it still would mean a fragmentation of the community. Some will take to the forums to discuss it while others will post on reddit. Honestly, they should be posting everything Furo related on this website and the forums and either stop doing the offbeater updates, or put every offbeatr update on the main site as well. I know they're technically different product, but most people interested in furo are going to be interested in furo online.

Just my thoughts on it anyway.
I'm that otter that hates fish and swimming. ^^

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:57 pm

polkakitty wrote:You could just subscribe to whatever you wanted updates on, and check your front page to see anything relevant that was happening, like watching people on FA, but then it became just another thing you have to check on....
"I play it for the game mechanics."