Card Spoiler Errors

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Card Spoiler Errors

Post by Astrid Varelse » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:07 pm

Just a heads up that I found a few errors on the card spoiler.

Unresolved:
Buck Mesa, Lodge Owner - The word "for" is missing the 'r'. [Reported July 20th, 2016]
Charming Siege - Artist URL has a %20 (a space?) before it, breaking the URL (%20www.furaffinity.net/user/superbum) [Reported July 20th, 2016]
Sebastian, Boy Toy - Flavor text ends with an extra "[/i]" tag [Reported July 20th, 2016]
Forty Winks - Background is yellow [Otherkind] instead of green [Multi Gender] [Reported July 20th, 2016]
Laced Bodysuit - irresistable is spelt incorrectly. (irresistible) [Reported July 17th, 2016]
Jurann, Tiborus, and Yuri Bloodfang- Missing Artist. [Kyma, BlackTeagon, and spackered respectively] [Reported July 17th, 2016]
Slipsteams' artist URL for Razr does not work (http://www%2Cfuraffinity.net/user/razr) -- The "%2C" needs to be corrected to a "." [Reported July 17th, 2016]
Springweaver Flavor text: "jewlery" is mispelt, should be jewelry [Reported July 17th, 2016]
Necro - The first "you" in the flavor text should be "your". [Marked Resolved July 10th, 2016]
Guild Avila - "The" at the beginning of the flavor text is misspelled with two T's, ("TThe") [Marked Resolved July 10th, 2016]
Special Friend is listed as a rare [Marked Resolved July 10th, 2016]
Caught Red-Handed - The letter following the hyphen should be lower-case [Marked Resolved November 2nd, 2015]
Claw-Paw - The letter following the hyphen should be lower-case [Marked Resolved November 2nd, 2015]
D-Snake and D-Snake - The letter following the hyphen should be lower-case [Marked Resolved November 2nd, 2015]
Full-Body Harness - The letter following the hyphen should be lower-case [Marked Resolved November 2nd, 2015]
One-Man Show - The letter following the hyphen should be lower-case [Marked Resolved November 2nd, 2015]
Rock-Bone - The letter following the hyphen should be lower-case [Marked Resolved November 2nd, 2015]
Self-Study Session - The letter following the hyphen should be lower-case [Marked Resolved November 2nd, 2015]
Slave-Trading Cell - The letter following the hyphen should be lower-case [Marked Resolved November 2nd, 2015]
Strap-On - The letter following the hyphen should be lower-case [Marked Resolved November 2nd, 2015]
Olivia - Porcupine is not currently a sort option under Def. Type when searching though advanced card spoiler. [Marked Resolved June 14th, 2015]
Special Friend - listed with 0 for all of hir stats. [Marked Resolved June 14th, 2015]
Lord Melam - Skill text not yet corrected in spoiler: "Lord Gaar has +2 to all PEs while he's the only Furre you control." Should say "Lord Melam". [Marked Resolved June 14th, 2015]
Asti's Apartment - On the cards first activated ability, the left colon for the exhaust symbol is missing [Marked Resolved June 18th, 2015]
Endowed Equine - Promo variants' type still listed as "Equine" instead of "Horse" [Marked Resolved June 18th, 2015]
Forthcumming Harlot - :sp: symbol following "-X" is missing in the skill text. [Marked Resolved June 18th, 2015]
Gilding the Lily - Promo and regular copies of the card use different wording for the activated abilities cost. [Marked Resolved June 18th, 2015]
Council of the Pawsrec - Skill text uses the term "Otherkin" once instead of "Otherkind" [Marked Resolved June 18th, 2015]
Lewis, Bartender - Promo does not have rule text [Marked Resolved June 21st 2015]
Ashamai Unleashed - Promo does not have rule text [Marked Resolved June 21st 2015]
Licentious Lecta - Promo does not have rule text [Marked Resolved June 21st 2015]
Chessie Brooks - Promo does not have rule text [Marked Resolved June 21st 2015]
• Searching for 0 AP shows... A lot of cards that cost more than 0 AP [Marked Resolved July 20th 2015]
Tropical Tryst - The cost of the skill listed does not match the depicted card. [Marked Resolved July 20th 2015]
Gays of Justice - AP cost does not match the AP cost on the card. [Marked Resolved July 20th 2015]
Pheen's Shadows - The typed Kink skill text has a regular hyphen (-) instead of an Em Dash (—). [Marked Resolved July 20th 2015]
Cirosouyat and Salacca - When searching for promo cards from Brundali, Cirosouyat and Salacca does not appear in the list. [Marked Resolved July 20th 2015]
I plan to keep this thread updated weekly, if you find an issue in the Card Spoilers, post it here and I'll verify the issue and add it to the list.

Last Update: July 21st 2015
Last edited by Astrid Varelse on Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 43 times in total.
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Re: Card Spoiler Erros - Special Friend, Olivia

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:55 am

Initial Reports from the OP:
• [c]Olivia[/c] - Porcupine is not currently a sort option under Def. Type when searching though advanced card spoiler. [Reported June 6th, 2015]
• [c]Special Friend[/c] - listed with 0 for all of hir stats. [Reported June 6th, 2015]
• [c]Lord Melam[/c] - Skill text not yet corrected in spoiler: "Lord Gaar has +2 to all PEs while he's the only Furre you control." Should say "Lord Melam". [Reported June 6th, 2015]

Edited this post just to show reported dates of resolved issues from the opening post (OP). Future issues will be featured as their own posts similar to this one, as well as showing up on the OP as 'Unresolved'.
Last edited by Astrid Varelse on Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seppel
Site Admin

Re: Card Spoiler Errors

Post by Seppel » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:50 pm

Fixed 'em all!
:tanrare: Seppel

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:33 pm

Thank you Seppel! I'm excited to help make the sortable spoilers be the best they can be ^_^

Updated the thread and hope to go through more sets in the foreseeable future

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:36 pm

• [card]Asti's Apartment[/card] - On the cards first activated ability, the left colon for the exhaust symbol is missing [Reported June 17th, 2015]
Last edited by Astrid Varelse on Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:29 pm

Endowed Equine - Promo variants' type still listed as "Equine" instead of "Horse" [Reported June 17th, 2015]
• [card]Forthcumming Harlot[/card] - :sp: symbol following "-X" is missing in the skill text. [Reported June 17th, 2015]
• [card]Gilding the Lily[/card] - Promo and regular copies of the card use different wording for the activated abilities cost. [Reported June 17th, 2015]
• [card]Council of the Pawsrec[/card] - Skill text uses the term "Otherkin" once instead of "Otherkind" [Reported June 17th 2015]
Last edited by Astrid Varelse on Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:43 am

Fixed!

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:52 pm

Let's talk about the order of Gender Points

If you go to the Advanced Sortable Spoiler, you can search "mo" in the "GP Cost" field and you'll find, disregarding Owners, the following:
  • [card]Backup Striders[/card]
  • [card]Deeka's Delight[/card]
This is because all Male/Otherkind cards before Fortune at Vell's End we're release as "O/M". (You can also see this when you look at the Gender drop down. Male/Otherkind shows up as "Otherkind/Male".) [Fix?]

This brings up two big points:
  • The "GP Cost" feild in the Advanced Sortable Spoiler should be order agnostic. (I should be able to search "mhhm" and find [c]Wand of Rapture[/c]) [Fix?]
  • Should the text on the sortable spoiler be updated to further support the proper gender order? [Fix?]
With Fortune at Vell's End, it seems like the gender order listed on cards has gotten much more consistent, and to help clarify for anyone, this appears to be the official (And most sensible) order:
  1. :m: | :f: | :h: | :o:
  2. :m: :f: | :m: :h: | :m: :o: | :f: :h: | :f: :o: | :h: :o:
  3. :m: :f: :h: | :m: :f: :o: | :m: :h: :o: | :f: :h: :o:
  4. :m: :f: :h: :o: <-(This is the pattern)
  5. No gender
Notes:
  • Currently, the Sortable Spoiler is a bit of a mess when you sort by Gender... Have a look at Fortune at Vell's End for example. [Fix?]
  • Don't forget to apply this to the gender order listed on card skills, such as that found on Facial Battalion
  • You can quickly find all mislabeled skill text by advanced searching Rule Test for

Code: Select all

":o: :m:", ":o: :f:", ":o: :h:", ":h: :m:", ":h: :f:", ":f: :m:"
  • You can also find mislabeled costs by searching "om", "of", "oh", "hm", "hf", "fm".
Let me know what you think!
~ A tip for GP Cost becoming order agnostic, look character by character through the entered data, if you find a 'g/G', 'f/F', 'h/H' or 'o/O', add 1 to that gender. If you find a different character, "Sorry. no cards matched your search!"
Last edited by Astrid Varelse on Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:03 pm

So obviously the gender-order related stuff in my last post was a tad premature... After having a look at the checklist for Brundali, I'm super happy to see the pattern being followed, I hope once all the skills have been revealed that it's been followed in there too :)

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:33 pm

Lewis, Bartender - Promo does not have rule text
Ashamai Unleashed - Promo does not have rule text
Licentious Lecta - Promo does not have rule text
Chessie Brooks - Promo does not have rule text

Seems like Caramel 4th Vanillas' Promo's aren't quite as potent as their counterparts -- Oops ;)
Last edited by Astrid Varelse on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:41 pm

I'll have to look into the gender ordering stuff, but the promos are fixed. :)

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:50 pm

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the spoiler, or the printing of the card, but the promo copy of Endowed Equine from Strawberry is marked as an Uncommon in the picture.

Regardless, if it's a printing issue it should probably be put down in the notes.

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:16 pm

• Searching for 0 AP shows... A lot of cards that cost more than 0 AP
Last edited by Astrid Varelse on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

polkakitty
Charmer

Post by polkakitty » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:55 pm

[card]Tropical Tryst[/card]: The spoiler says the cost for its skill is :1: :o:, :ex:, but the skill on the actual card doesn't have a GP cost. It's just :1:, :ex:.

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:46 pm

Gays of Justice - AP cost does not match the AP cost on the card.
Last edited by Astrid Varelse on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:01 pm

Pheen's Shadows - The typed Kink skill text has a regular hyphen (-) instead of an Em Dash (—).
Cirosouyat and Salacca - When searching for promo cards from Brundali, Cirosouyat and Salacca does not appear in the list.

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:13 pm

Fixed, fixed, fixed, fixed, fixed, fixed! :)

cuddles
Tease

Post by cuddles » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:17 pm

The spoiler has huntmaster listed as Uncommon, and Osfia, Kakok Herald as a starter-only,
C♥ddles

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:47 pm

Fixed and fixed.

cuddles
Tease

Post by cuddles » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:35 pm

Hidden stamina and GP for Furres in the Card Spoiler, if you look at the cards as a list, for Brundali Rail Heist. I also try to do M/F/H/O, but it keeps going to F/H/O.
C♥ddles

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:29 pm

cuddles wrote:Hidden stamina and GP for Furres in the Card Spoiler, if you look at the cards as a list, for Brundali Rail Heist. I also try to do M/F/H/O, but it keeps going to F/H/O.
Yeah I see what you mean, it seems that all SP and PE's have been removed from Brundali Rail Heist. If you select the card and read the information on the right (plain text), it's not there.

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:03 pm

Triskelion #1, Ball-Gag should have a capital G on Gag.

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:06 pm

Our title convention is that the word after a hyphen is lower case. So the spoiler is correct, and the card is incorrect. :)

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:20 am

Seppel wrote:Our title convention is that the word after a hyphen is lower case. So the spoiler is correct, and the card is incorrect. :)
... So then the follow in the spoiler are incorrect?

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:27 am

Fixed!

cuddles
Tease

Post by cuddles » Wed May 18, 2016 7:19 pm

Was looking at the Owner cards in the card Spoiler, and saw Owners 1 - 6 are not in the list.
C♥ddles

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:41 am

Yeah. We forgot to add those. Sorry!

They're all regular vanilla owners, except they don't have icons. They have text instead.

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:45 pm

Looking through the reveal of the Climax cards released today over at They're Back! Tanglebrook Edition!

Victory Squat has an error in it's flavor text -- "repsective" instead of respective.

Obviously it isn't a card spoiler error yet, but just giving you the heads up in advance

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:49 pm

No set will be without its errors. :fist:

I've found another one. ;)

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:24 pm

Necro - The first "you" in the flavor text should be "your".

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:00 pm

Guild Avila - "The" at the beginning of the flavor text is misspelled with two T's, ("TThe")

cuddles
Tease

Post by cuddles » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:09 am

Special Friend is listed as a rare.
C♥ddles

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:58 pm

Thanks cuddles! Added it to the OP and updated my spreadsheet.

EDIT: Oh that's odd... It was already corrected in my sheet, not quite sure why it never made it into this thread. Oh well, atleast we can get it fixed now :)

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:10 pm

Fixed

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:01 pm

Thanks as always Seppel :)

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:22 pm

Slipsteams' artist URL for Razr does not work (http://www%2Cfuraffinity.net/user/razr) -- The "%2C" needs to be corrected to a "."
Springweaver Flavor text: "jewlery" is mispelt, should be jewelry

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:20 pm

Jurann, Tiborus, and Yuri Bloodfang- Missing Artist. [Kyma, BlackTeagon, and spackered respectively]

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:26 pm

Laced Bodysuit - irresistable is spelt incorrectly. (irresistible)

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:50 pm

Forty Winks - Background is yellow [Otherkind] instead of green [Multi Gender]

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:03 pm

Sebastian, Boy Toy - Flavor text ends with an extra "[/i]" tag
Charming Siege - Artist URL has a %20 (a space?) before it, breaking the URL (%20www.furaffinity.net/user/superbum)
Buck Mesa, Lodge Owner - The word "for" is missing the 'r'.

polkakitty
Charmer

Post by polkakitty » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:06 pm

BlackDragonIV wrote:Forty Winks - Background is yellow [Otherkind] instead of green [Multi Gender]
Oh man, I really feel embarrassed now. I've been using the spoiler pretty regularly since 2009, yet I never noticed before that the pages for each individual card are color-coded by gender. I guess most of the time I'm just trying to see all the options for cards that meet a few specific criteria (e. g. what's the best 1-GP Female Furre to put in this new deck,) so I don't usually click through to the individual card pages, and I have all the card images saved to a directory on my hard drive so I can refer to them at will. But still, I can't believe I never noticed that....
BlackDragonIV wrote:Charming Siege - Artist URL has a %20 (a space?) before it, breaking the URL (%20www.furaffinity.net/user/superbum)
For me in Firefox, hovering over the link doesn't show any URL, clicking on the link doesn't do anything, and if I look at the page source, the URL does, in fact, have a space in it, and consequently is not a valid URL. (Ironically, I can't copy exactly what it says into the forum, because the forum will automatically convert it to a correct URL....)

The reason you so often see "%20" in cases like these is that URLs are defined as not being able to have certain characters in them, including spaces, and the '%' character has been set aside to be substituted for a disallowed character. If the path to a file on a file system that's being served on the web contains a character that isn't allowed to be part of a URL, the established convention is to substitute a '%' character followed by two hex digits which represent the ASCII encoding of the original character. This is referred to as "escaping" that character (and the escape key on a keyboard is actually named for that usage. Before it was used to escape from a program in a semi-literal sense, text editors like vi used it to switch between a mode where you used the letter keys to enter text and a mode where the letter keys represented commands like moving the cursor and cutting and pasting lines.)

The ASCII encoding for the space character (which is the character that most commonly has to be escaped in this way) is "20". So when a web server receives a request containing the characters "%20", it knows that the path to the file you're looking for actually contains a space instead. (Since the '%' character is set aside for escaping special characters, this also means that the URL for a file whose original file name has a '%' in it will use the characters "%25" instead.)

(Technically it's really a Unicode character encoded in the UTF-8 format, but the UTF-8 format is designed in such a way that all ASCII characters can be represented by the same two hex digits that were assigned to those characters in ASCII, so it is backwards compatible with text that was encoded using the ASCII standard.)