Weird Foggy Spots On Cards

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
clocktamer
Coy

Weird Foggy Spots On Cards

Post by clocktamer » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:42 pm

I recently bought some cards and a few of them arrived with weird spots on the tops/bottoms of the cards.
Has anyone else had this happen and is there a way to fix it?

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Re: Weird Foggy Spots On Cards

Post by Astrid Varelse » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:21 pm

Where did you get them? Assuming you purchased packs of cards they should've been somewhat moisture resistant and relatively air-tight. Might've been due to the weather they were delivered in...

You can try setting a heavy flat object on top of the card to see if it's a sort of moisture air-pocket sort of thing. Just ensure you don't damage the cards in the process of course.
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

clocktamer
Coy

Post by clocktamer » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:37 pm

I bought them straight from Tailkiss, the weird part is that it also is on some of the 2-player deck cards as well.

Starlyte
Servant

Post by Starlyte » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:16 am

I second what BlackDragonIV said. That is moisture damage. You need to contact tailkiss about this and either get replacement or something. If they were packs not sure if will allow replacement but maybe credit or partial refund. Those are essentially damaged cards. Though the weight thing can work if have a big heavy hard back book. I'm talking real heavy as you're needing to press those bubbles and any moisture out. The longer they have those the worse they'll get. So good solid flat surface and heavy book or item ontop. Hell if have a rolling pin you could try rolling them flat but you're looking at putting alot of work possibly. I'd be contact them as there's a chance the storage area where they keep them may have developed a leak or something or whoever shipped it got the box they were in wet.

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:16 am

Hi!

We will definitely replace those cards free of charge! :)

Sometimes that happens, and it's beyond our control. Sorry for the damage!
:tanrare: Seppel

clocktamer
Coy

Post by clocktamer » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:34 pm

Thank you.

captainbozo
Endowed

Post by captainbozo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:02 am

I've actually got a lot of cards like that. I feel like something happened with the Caramel set in particular, because about 1 out of every 5 boosters I've gotten from that set has these foggy spots...

Bozo's Furo Store! Rare cards no one else offers! http://furoticon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1760

Kaycat
Tease

Post by Kaycat » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:44 pm

Yeah. That was a pretty common error in my experience too. I wasn't terribly worried cause it's pretty minor, but it does hurt the art on a couple of cards if it shows up on them.