Tanglebrook dragons! and otters and females???

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
Starlyte
Servant

Tanglebrook dragons! and otters and females???

Post by Starlyte » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:20 pm

So I managed to get a dragons of tanglebrook deck from a friend awhile back, and roomie got an otters deck. I enjoyed the healing of the females otters and just love the idea of using dragons. Used play tons of Yugioh and my two main decks were dragon decks. The friend that gave me the deck came to visit and I was like hey I'm gonna see about getting cards only to find out they stopped selling everything from the Tanglewood set? WHY?!

I have just that starter deck and there is no other dragons that I can find in the spoiler that works off the same idea. So how am I supposed to go about getting more cards for a deck now? I can't trade cause I have nothing anyone would want and it'd kill my deck because of it. Unless theres some others selling them, but I am a huge stickler and hate using damaged cards.

Any assistance would be appreciated on why they stopped selling them and ways to get cards.

Also why is there no Tanglebrook icons in the smilies area? Are they trying to remove any fact they existed? x.x

DRAGON LOVE FOREVER!!!!!
Last edited by Starlyte on Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

captainbozo
Endowed

Re: Tanglebrook dragons! and otters and females.

Post by captainbozo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:23 pm

Hi Starlyte :D I actually run a singles store over on the Trading board. I have had 80+ sales, and all of my cards are in great condition :3 I have a decent amount of Tanglebrook left, so you can come over and take a look (There's a link in my sig)

Additionally, if you click the "View more smilies" when posting, you'll see the Tanglebrook ones, as well as others <3 :tanrare: :tanrare: :tanrare: :tanrare: :tanrare:

Bozo's Furo Store! Rare cards no one else offers! http://furoticon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1760

Starlyte
Servant

Re: Tanglebrook dragons! and otters and females???

Post by Starlyte » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:35 pm

Appreciate the offer but single cards are the most expensive way one could use to build a collection, and with the tribes set outta print they are gonna do nothing but get more and more costly. I wouldn't be so peeved if this wasn't the only set that has dragons. Yes I know there's a couple in the vore set, yes its a vore set, but I hate the fact of seeing my furres as nothing but fodder to feed to other cards. :fist: Even then it kills the female set I had in mind too. Nuturing and caring females, and the tribal ones actually looked that way. Likely can do it with other sets but still stands. Why the hell did they stop printing them? Was their niche that much less than om noms set and use and abuse me set?

Appologies if seems like trying start drama, which i'm not, its just I was really interested in this set and playing with big sexy draggies only to come and bam! middle finger cause you were a month late and didn't watch us on that abomination that is twitter. Oh and no I don't hate vore I actually enjoy it. BSDM I don't care about, but still this ain't fetish hate. It's wondering why they hate my draggies, otters, and cute caring females.

captainbozo
Endowed

Post by captainbozo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:04 pm

Thank you for providing that information. You're right, purchasing singles is one of the most expensive ways to build one's collection, and the Tanglebrook is going to be out of print soon. It makes sense that you feel upset, because I would feel upset too if the only way that I could get dragons that are caring and loving. I'd also be upset if this was the only set with caring females, and if my favorite set was no longer being printed.

I'd like to share with you some information about the previous sets that you might be interested in. The Fortune at Vell's End is much more than just the "vore" set. It actually has a much larger focus on love and relationships than any other set before it! The Fellowship mechanic is all about the furres developing relationships, romantic and otherwise, with the furres that are with them, and one of the main "canon" relationships involves a dragon looking for loving partners. I'm sure you'll agree that there's a lot more to Vell's End than simply a focus on vore.

Next, I think you'll REALLY be interested in both our Strawberry and Caramel sets, which feature many dragons both having fun and caring. Between Linga and Frisky Flasher and Ashamai, there are several dragon ladies and more that make great additions to a deck.

While I can't help you with reasons why sets cannot be reprinted, what I can tell you is that if you dig just a little bit, you can find a lot of love in Furoticon. It is definitely not our intention to make any part of our game feel like the acts being shared are "abusive" or that other furres are "fodder". Our goal is to create a fun and enjoyable game picturing only consensual acts between individuals of sound thinking.

If you would like any help finding a nice niche in the sets that currently exist, I can help you find that! I know a great amount about the lore of the game, as well as the mechanics of deckbuilding. Send me a PM if you're interested, and we can discuss on Skype or IRC :D

Bozo's Furo Store! Rare cards no one else offers! http://furoticon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1760

polkakitty
Charmer

Post by polkakitty » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:47 pm

captainbozo wrote:The Fortune at Vell's End is much more than just the "vore" set. It actually has a much larger focus on love and relationships than any other set before it!
Yes, definitely. To the extent that there's actually a Female-specific Owner called [card]Tahira, Nurturer[/card] in that set. I'd also like to add that the Fellowship mechanic actually appears on much more cards in Fortune at Vell's End than Glutton does. You might want to check out the Strength in Fellowship starter deck, which is all about romance between pairs or groups of Furres. Also, from Caramel Winter Break, which is the newest set, there's [card]Ashamai Unleashed[/card], who I think is a really cool character, and she's extremely strong on both offense and defense with her 25 :sp: and Tireless skill.
captainbozo wrote:While I can't help you with reasons why sets cannot be reprinted
I've always assumed that, since Furoticon is aimed at a more niche audience and has much smaller print runs than something like Pokemon, it just wasn't economically feasible to reprint old sets which there would inevitably be less demand for the second time around (except for certain overpowered cards that appeared well before Tanglebrook that we're probably better off letting fall out of circulation, since otherwise there just wouldn't be any choice but to use them if you wanted to make a really competitive deck.)

Eventually, the Tanglebrook cards should all be available in Furoticon Online (and in an online game, it should be possible for them to stay in print indefinitely without having to worry about the logistics of print runs,) but that'll be a long way off (at the initial launch, only the cards from the 2nd Vanilla set will be available, with other sets to be added in future expansions.)

captainbozo
Endowed

Post by captainbozo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:19 pm

While I agree with you Polkakitty, I didn't want to make any assumptions in my statements, and only offer what I could say was 100% true :D

Starlyte
Servant

Post by Starlyte » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:56 pm

Appreciate the replies both of you. I will admit I forgot about the fellowship cards. Still doesn't help with the set already out of print as theres no way to buy them far as can tell. Course can't at the moment anyways. Either way my idea was to have it where know its not allowed in tournament play but have my own character as an owner and she cares for and nurtures the dragons while they rest. Either through less time for hibernation or using their prescence to keep her going. Feeding off their energy to recover stamina or something.

Still with Tanglebrook gone I have to either hunt down the cards I want, or buy from multiple sets as each has a few dragons and like a couple cards to go with them. So guessing my idea of showing people the beauty and power of the great mythical beasts isn't happening for a long time.

Leaves me then with needing another. I'm not one for rush downs. I don't care for elaborate this combos to this, that combos to that, that pulls to this, end game. Maybe a recovery deck might be something. Protection and healing for owner and furres.

On a side note since it was brought up. Believe seen wanting do the online game where has 3d avatars and all this stuff. Really it shoulda just been a basic screen with simple card scans like the old PC yugioh games. Not a game programer and mighta read it wrong but just seems like they should just get a simple working interface out then go about flaring it up after. Course I do know once you write the code for one style of graphics changing it is hard as hell if not down right impossible. That and haveta essentially do it from scratch or pay licensing fees.

Again sorry about the bitching I was just having a little tantrum cause all plans went poof.