Custom Card Costs

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
Khzhak
Voyeur

Custom Card Costs

Post by Khzhak » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:01 am

I managed to receive art of my OC on a furoticon card. If I wanted to print this card and put it in a sleeve over something else to include in my deck for fun, what would a fair cost be? I could've put the PEs at any value I wanted, but I was't looking for power, I was looking for something that most closely resembles what my character might actually be able to do.

Seppel
Site Admin

Re: Custom Card Costs

Post by Seppel » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:23 am

From a dev standpoint, there's two things this card has going for it:

1) It has very high PEs while Generous. Compare to Lance and Jesse here: http://furoticon.com/index.php?a=896 -- PEs that high (11 more than Lance and Jesse) and a +5 stamina boost means that this card could take down lots of Furres while taking minimal pleasure in return. Just for the increased PEs and stamina, I'd add 2 GP and about 5 AP to the cost.

2) It's Eager. Males get Eager in very, very rare cases. In fact, in the entirety of Furoticon, there are only two Eager Male Furres, and it's unlikely that we'll make any more in the future. So that's a +3 to +6 extra AP cost for that.

So I'd cost him between :12: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: and :15: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: . :)
:tanrare: Seppel

Khzhak
Voyeur

Post by Khzhak » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:22 am

Wow, good call on me.. I was going to guess :12: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: , but didn't want to influence the outcome. I know, shenanigans! No pix din't happen! But that was my serious guess.

I didn't realize eager males were so rare. I just picked those because I'm ready to get right into it mentally, and while my body is warming up, I like to pleasure my partner first. I've ended up getting no satisfaction because of that too, but if it's still fun, I can take care of that on my own time, I figure I only have so much time to dedicate to my partner, so get on it while I'm able to.

I might've picked Adventurer too, but that wasn't an option for the card art.

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:22 pm

Seppel wrote:2) It's Eager. Males get Eager in very, very rare cases. In fact, in the entirety of Furoticon, there are only two Eager Male Furres, and it's unlikely that we'll make any more in the future. So that's a +3 to +6 extra AP cost for that.
Technically we printed three, in the sense that one of them has a skill that gives itself Eager, but your point still stands. :) (Otherkind does get Eager more frequently than Male, but still not nearly as much as Herm. It usually also has some sort of rider, such as returning itself to its Owner's hand, being able to swing only once every three turns, or being dependent on another Furre in the scene having Eager.)
"I play it for the game mechanics."