Question about Tabletop Simulator and digital card copies

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
Tharklok
Voyeur

Question about Tabletop Simulator and digital card copies

Post by Tharklok » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:32 am

hey all, i had something on my mind i was hoping anyone could answer.
as you may or may not be aware of there is a game on Steam called Tabletop Simulator, which allows you to play all kinds of tabletop games on it and very easily allows you to import custom game-pieces to use in it.
it is also quite easily possible to create furoticon decks to play with this way, which is what my question is about.
obviously it wouldnt be allowed to just create all kinds of decks and distribute the files online for everyone to use, but i was wondering if it would be allowed for someone to create digital versions of cards he/she owns for private use?

ex: I own the Graduates and Gangbangs deck box, since i cannot meet up with any of my friends to play i create custom decks in TTS containing those cards.
only i would be able to spawn them in and i do not distribute the files publicly so it is entirely meant for private use only.

would that be allowed to do?

Sangie
Coy

Re: Question about Tabletop Simulator and digital card copie

Post by Sangie » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:20 am

Anything you do for personal use shouldn't need permission as it's personal. Now uploading it to the Nexus or Steam Workshop wouldn't be personal.

I actually was thinking about this same thing (I found your post through search) and thought of the idea of making a Furoticon version to try to sate me into Furoticon Online comes out. I think it'd be possible and fun =D

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:38 am

I would totally get Table Top Simulator RIGHT NOW and play Furoticon with you! I actually downloaded ALL of the card images from the Sortable Spoiler awhile back, the only thing I don't have is the backs of the cards but I can rig that up with 'photoshop' (I use Paint.NET) in just a few minutes!

Let me know, now you've got me super excited!
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:24 pm

So I went ahead and purchased Tabletop Simulator, and gave it a shot... And I've got to say, it works really well!

The most challenging part for me so far, is tracking stats... Building decks is made pretty easy with their tool, and since I've downloaded all card images, it was easy and dragging and dropping cards into the deck, creating the card backing (I did quite accurately if I do say so myself) and creating a "Hidden" card to display when a card is not visible by you.

Send me a PM and we can try this out for real via Skype!

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:29 pm

I tested it out with the 3 starter decks from Brundali Rail Heist:
Going All In!
The Full Monte
Ace in the Hole!

Along with the card backing.

All you have to do is load in a custom deck, and punch in the deck URL as the "Face", and the back the "Back" and set the "Number" slider to 41 (40 + Owner) and your good to go!

Building decks is very very easy using their built in tool, especially if your like me and you have the entire sortable spoiler downloaded -- I'm tempted to dump it here as a .zip for everyone (Including the card backing and 'hidden' card). But I don't want to cause any trouble with Tail Kiss... So we'll have to wait and see about that one

Edit:
I've added the decks from Fortune At Vell's End as well:
Adventure Time
Glutton's Paradise
Grand Conductors
Strength in Fellowship

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:52 pm

So I took some screenshots to give everyone an idea of exactly what is possible with Tabletop Simulator, so here you go!

Some HD Screenshots of a Tabletop Simulator setup I made (Click to open the album!)

Sangie
Coy

Post by Sangie » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:11 am

That a Super awesome! Add my Steam djnativus

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:48 am

Sangie wrote:That a Super awesome! Add my Steam djnativus
Couldn't find you -- keep in mind, what you type to login is different from your current display name (Your current display name is used to search for friends) mine is, big surprise, BlackDragonIV
Last edited by Astrid Varelse on Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marchandique
Tease

Post by Marchandique » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:42 am

We talked about this over Skype, I got the game too. My name on Steam is Marchand.