Brundali Rail Heist speculation thread!

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
Seppel
Site Admin

Brundali Rail Heist speculation thread!

Post by Seppel » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:51 pm

The ninth set of Furoticon has been announced! Read this news update for information on Brundali Rail Heist!

"Brundali Rail Heist" is a long name to type over and over, so we're calling it the Heist for short! :D

The set will be released on July 10, 2015, which is only ten months away! Feel free to post your thoughts and hopes about this new set. :)
:tanrare: Seppel

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Re: Brundali Rail Heist speculation thread!

Post by Taz » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:47 pm

Or presumably the BRH acronym? ^_^
"I play it for the game mechanics."

polkakitty
Charmer

Post by polkakitty » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:01 pm

Well, this is an interesting concept for a setting. It's an era when the world was opening up in a lot of ways as more people were able to travel to distant places, and it provides opportunities for all kinds of mad science shenanigans. I guess the obvious thing to expect is more support for Constructs, which I've liked since 1st Vanilla, but they've never seemed to get enough love. Also, since the Technicians are basically carrying on the same crafts that Fortune's Inventors and Mechanics were known for, I wonder if we'll see any connection to Fortune's characters. There might be a distant descendant of [card]Inventor Creyta[/card] or [card]Mechanic Deeka[/card], perhaps [card]Shar'og[/card] might even make a return.

It seems odd, though, that the announcement doesn't make any mention of the sexual themes of the set (unlike, say the announcement for Di'Ahla's Awakening and Fortune at Vell's End.) But I would expect to see a lot of characters in dashing Victorian dress, which should be pretty great.

(Also, it just now occurred to me that there have been about as many sets where the sexual themes translated directly into gameplay mechanics (Triskelion, Awakening, Fortune) and sets where they didn't (Vanilla, Strawberry, Tanglebrook.) I wonder which way this set will go.)

Magetorment
Endowed

Post by Magetorment » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:46 am

Okay, I'll get this rumor mill started.

My predictions for the Heist:
First off, I've got a good feeling that this will be the set that we finally see tribal cephalopods come into their own.
Good money on there being a new cycle of alterations based entirely around hats, with the strongest being a sombrero.
A new card type based entirely around scratch off raffles that will only be usable at official Furoticon evens but placed in every pack.
Trains will be involved, probably as a cycle of havens that link together to form a giant steampunk sex machine, possibly shaped like a spider.
I'm also going to guess that one of the main characters will have a prominently featured but completely unaddressed fetish for avocados.

On a less stupid note; I would argue, Polka, that the sexual themes of the vanilla sets are the core rules of the game. They just don't come across as overtly as they do in Awakening and Fortune since they're not based on kink, just sex. You are correct on the point of Tanglebrook not being built around sexual themes. Though I'd say that's more for the fur fandom at large than mechanics. You're not wrong in that divide though, as Awakening and Fortune have a much stronger sexual theming than the others.

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:19 am

Reading was pretty OP, 'till we swapped its unique skill with Short Line. ;)

Anyway, Mage is correct (when he's serious). Not saying anything, but design is very aware of this divide--but not in the way polka suspects. :)
"I play it for the game mechanics."