Gluttony and Kuushik?

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
Oily
Servant

Gluttony and Kuushik?

Post by Oily » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:34 pm

I was hanging around at the Indy Furcon, doing free play things and two tournaments. I had lots of fun! I met some people in the game and met some other players. That being said, I realized something about my current deck: I don't think Kuushik's Transformation and Gluttony cards can be in the same deck together. I realize that I could replace the Transformations for other drawing cards (Sukouri's Bonus comes to mind). Though I was able to pick up two Kuushik's Chosen. I haven't experimented with it too much yet, but maybe I can find the right balance soon after playtesting. I'm also still not sure about how many Transformations I should have in the deck.

Magetorment
Endowed

Re: Gluttony and Kuushik?

Post by Magetorment » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:43 pm

Hey there, I'm Mage, the go-to guy for Gluttony and all it's fun shenanigans.

You're right though, Transformation and the Gluttony skill don't work well together. If you want to play with [card]Kuushik's Transformation[/card] you generally want to focus entirely on making those fox tokens, namely [card]Fresh Meat[/card], [card]Kuushik's Offering[/card], [card]Kuushik's Will[/card], [card]Forty Winks[/card], and Kuushik herself. I personally haven't found a way to make [card]Kuushik's Chosen[/card] be worth while, but if you can get them to work more power to you.

I've seen Transformation decks in action and if played right they're hard to counter. Their biggest weakness are board clearing cards like [card]Victory Squat[/card], [card]Behemoth, Voice of Gluttony[/card], and [card]Thrust Together[/card]. But if you get the Transformation off that's almost always a win for you.

However if you want to run a Gluttony deck I found your best two options are either running a powerhouse build with cards like [card]Syrrah[/card] or Behemoth, or a trickster build with[card]Lofty Chimera[/card] and [card]Siren of the Cove[/card]. But no matter what build you're running you'll want [card]Dryad Grove[/card], [card]Booty Box[/card], and Kuushik's Will.

And there's always the third option of being completely insane and running [card]Mage, Keeper of Tomes[/card] fueled by Dryad Groves. But that requires having Mages lying around and being totally nuts.

Anyway I can dust off the successful Glutton decklists I made during playtesting if you'd like to see what some of those decks look like. And I believe Tegome was the one to build the most successful Transformation deck. Scary thing too, only thing that saved me that game was dropping two Behemoths in one game.

Oily
Servant

Post by Oily » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:09 am

Why is Booty Box really good? I know what it does, but I don't see why it's good. It get rid of problems for a while, but when it orgasms, the furry it eats returns. So... :wtf:

Draconis
Supple

Post by Draconis » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:38 am

Actually, I'd like to know that myself as well. Because every scenario I can think of doesn't work really for how I think this would synergize. Since it's an opponents Furre, once it leaves the booty box and comes back onto the scene, any effects that trigger upon entering the scene would take place, as well as the fact that your opponents furre would be fully healed as well.

I thought maybe another Furre could eat the Booty Box on your side...but then that lead me to thinking the furre the booty box had eaten would then re-enter the scene according to the rules.

The only scenario I could think of after reading the card was having multiple of them come out, in combination with the dryads grove. Which....would allow you to eat multiple furres at once and weaken defenses of your opponent, leaving them open to pleasure.

The best combination "I" can personally come up with is using Juuba with this. Having hir eat the box so that it leaves the scene, and then comes back for another go or something.

Honestly, I'm curious how you would have a booty box work with any synergy, and why it's so important to have. Because the only scenario I can think of is to have it eat a foe briefly to take out a specific furre that is annoying for a turn or so.

Kaycat
Tease

Post by Kaycat » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Keep in mind that removal is very light in this game. Furres are hard to remove if they don't enter bed. So imagine it working like a treat that does what it does. Then it removes indefinitely unless your opponent comes up with the removal. Then it seems much better because the eaten furre stays gone. Does that help you wrap your head around it at all?

Bonus: If you play M:tG, think why O-Ring is good. This is a very similar effect, made better because removal is so hard to get.

Magetorment
Endowed

Post by Magetorment » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:16 pm

The short answer is "You keep Booty Box from orgasming."

A better short answer is there's always going to be some big threat you don't want to deal with. Ideally you don't want to put out with Booty Box or otherwise send it to bed, treating it more like a Treat with emergency legs. As long as the Box is one the table their furre isn't. Also keep in mind player habits. Often times players will leave only one furre behind to put out with when trying to press the advantage, thus giving you an opening.

The long answer:

Biggest thing Booty Box does is deals with a targeted threat, which isn't something many cards in Furo can do, especially in Otherkind. Additionally it doesn't ask any questions about removing the furre beyond "is it elusive." To compere Females can only put swinging furres back in the deck, males need [card]Gays of Justice[/card] or a lower :sp: furre, and herm can typically only handle a putting out furre.

Picking off a single target can be huge in this game. Keep in mind any furre put in the Box doesn't get cards attached to it back, so any deck that relies heavily on alterations gets hosed. Masochistic furres also suffer a reset from the box. Fellowships are especially weak to the Box, as it can eat the leaders and force the entire Fellowship to disband. Adventurers go back down to 0 EXP when they come out of the box. Even other Gluttons suffer, since they're forced to spit out everything they ate on the way in.

Even if the deck you're playing against isn't about building things up there's usually a big threat you want off the board. For the tribal decks it's usually the leader, such as [card]Flameroar Kings[/card], [card]Rat Queens[/card], or [card]Council of the Pawsrec[/card]. Boot Box absolutely destroys otter decks built around [card]Lutani Volleyball Team[/card] Decks built around [card]Sex Addict[/card] will often try to bring out big furres like [card]Thib and Malachi[/card], which are crazy hard to deal with. Plus you can't use Sex Addict to bring them back as long as they're in the box.

And the only decks that can typically deal with a Box are male decks with a lot of [card]Thrust[/card] effects or Rats. But in the case of the former they'll have to burn one of them humping cards to take the Box out and in the latter's case you can usually play around with with careful AP management.

Plus you can bring the Box back with Sex Addict and [card]Mischievous Merfolk[/card].

Oily
Servant

Post by Oily » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:11 pm

I'll think about Booty Box a little more now. I'd like to see those Gluttony decks you were mentioning earlier, mister Magetorment. I'm still not sure about what kinds of non-Home Havens in my deck. There's a lot. I know Dryad Grove is a really good one, but I'm not sure about the Yawning Hollows, the Linzin's Domains, and the ones that give you a gender point and an additional action point.

Oily
Servant

Post by Oily » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:53 am

Also, the way I have this deck right now, it's not too focused on Herm, but there are Herm related cards in it like [card]Slippery Slider[/card], [card]Note Swap[/card], [card]Dinner and a Show[/card], and Behemoth. Also, there's a lot of draw power in here as well because I always seem to lack resources in my hand to get things done. I'm kinda iffy on [card]Sukouri's Bonus[/card] in here. I also feel like there's less of a need to have Heights in here. I have Yawning Hallows to get my one on the board quickly as well as two Linzin's Domains. Thoughts?

Magetorment
Endowed

Post by Magetorment » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:00 pm

Apologies for the delayed on posting. Life picked up for a bit on my end.

The havens are easy to answer. Linzen's Domain is an easy in for any Glutton deck running both otherkind and herm. At worst it's a slightly more expensive [card]Perilous Precipice[/card] (which is another card to throw in if you can get your hands on them), but if you have a Dryad Grove down you're guaranteed to get both GP. This helps speed up [card]Kuushik, the Thousand-Cord[/card] and is a must if you want to reliably get [card]Behemoth, Voice of Gluttony[/card] out.

Okay, here are some of the decks I used during playtesting. Now bear a few things in mind; these were all made with palytesting in mind. Some were made for testing multiple cards, some for just one, so in some cases these decks don't have the most optimal build. However they are all solid and they were all strong during testing. I wouldn't copy these decks card for card, but they should give you ideas on what works with what.
Furres:
2 [card]Behemoth, Voice of Gluttony[/card]
3 [card]Curious Jinvon[/card]
2 [card]Syrrah[/card]
3 [card]Slippery Slider[/card]
2 [card]Vitta[/card]

Non-Furres:
3 [card]Dinner and a Show[/card]
3 [card]Forty Winks[/card]
3 [card]Fresh Meat[/card]
2 [card]Kuushik's Offering[/card]
3 [card]Kuushik's Will[/card]

Havens:
3 [card]Dryad Grove[/card]
1 Heights
3 [card]Linzin's Domain[/card]
2 Outskirts
3 [card]Perilous Precipice[/card]
1 [card]Rizah's Station[/card]
1 [card]Vanai Valley[/card]

Owner:
[card]Kuushik, the Thousand-Cord[/card]

This is what I had the most success with during playtesting. It's a slower deck and you're going to take a pounding in the early game. However it typically comes back hard later on. If you play Gluttons like this then your early game is all about getting as many tokens out as you can. While unable to enter bed those foxes are going to fuel your Dryad Groves and turn into card advantage with Vitta. Curious Jinvon, Vitta, and Slippery Slider should be enough stall to buy you time to build up, especially if you utilize the fact Slider fully heals whenever shi pops out of a Glutton.

Basically what this deck builds towards is Behemoth, who will clear the table. Since this deck is so light on furres it will always be the opponent taking the brunt of Behemoth's rampage. Ideally the opponent will be wide open for Behemoth to go swinging, with the Forty Winks to give him more openings. Typically you want to be aggressive with Behemoth and you want your opponent wearing his :sp: away so he's off the table for you to rebuild. Use a Dryad Grove to eat your own Behemoth if need be. Big thing to remember: while you can't play furres you can still make fox tokens with Kuushik while Behemoth is down.

Syrrah is the finishing blow. Between Behemoth's board-wiping, Offering, and Winks, you can usually sneak past an opponent's defenses to hit hard with the sphinx.
Furres-
2 [card]Lofty Chimera[/card]
3 [card]Siren of the Cost[/card]
3 [card]Mischievous Merfolk[/card]
3 [card]Thieving Jinvon[/card]
2 [card]Full French Ferret[/card]
1 [card]Perfect Five[/card]

Non-Furres-
3 [card]Big Gulp[/card]
2 [card]Premature Evacuation[/card]
2 [card]Sex Addict[/card]
2 [card]Open Wide[/card]
2 [card]Isca's Summons[/card]
2 [card]Dinner and a Show[/card]

Havens-
3 [card]Linzin's Domain[/card]
4 Outskits
3 Heights

This one is radically different than the first. Big thing you'll noticed is there are no fox tokens in this one and a number of cards from older sets. The entire idea around this deck is to have furres hoping in and out of the belly zone to abuse Enter the Scene skills.

The general idea is to get down Siren and then start getting stupid. Once you have the Siren down you want to play loose with your other furres and get them orgasming. As long as you have the points to pay for Siren's skill be as reckless as you want with the others. Siren plus Merfolk make for an infinite wall you can toss in front of any non-greedy harem. Chimera and Show are there to chip away at the opponent's stamina while Jinvon, and French providing supporting effects. Perfect Five, when coupled with Siren, can nearly wipe an opponent's harem off the bord ( [card]Nurse Snatchet[/card] can be used as a substitute if Fives are unavailable).
Furres-
3 [card]Behemoth, Voice of Gluttony[/card]
3 [card]Full French Ferret[/card]
3 [card]Booty Box[/card]

Non-Furres-
3 [card]Premature Evacuation[/card]
3 [card]Missed Curfew[/card]
3 [card]Pheromone Swap[/card]
3 [card]Sex Addict[/card]
2 [card]Call Friends[/card]
3 [card]Slave Trade[/card]
Havens-
3 [card]Rizah's Sation[/card]
3 [card]Vanai Valley[/card]
3 [card]Field[/card]
2 [card]Lower Outskirts[/card]

Ah, how to be a dick in multi-player. Yeah this deck is all about abused Behemoth. Lots of card draw to get to him and his havens, Boxes to deal with more important targets, Evacuations to get the Boxes out of Behemoth, Pheremones and Curfews to get one Behemoth off the table to make room for a new one.
Furres-
2 [card]Curious Jinvon[/card]
3 [card]Juuba[/card]
2 [card]Kuushik's Chosen[/card]
3 [card]Niaaz[/card]
3 [card]Slippery Slider[/card]

Non-Furres-
3 [card]Kuusik's Offering[/card]
3 [card]Kuushik's Will[/card]
3 [card]Forty Winks[/card]
3 [card]Fresh Meat[/card]
2 [card]Kuushik's Transformation[/card]

Owner:
Kuushik, the Thousand Cord

Make fox tokens. Make a million billion fox tokens. Use Niaaz to make more fox tokens. Use Chosen to turn Jinvon, Niaaz, and (soft of) Silder into fox tokens, then use Juuba to do it again... and make Juuba a fox too!
She never made it into a serious deck but honorable mention goes to [card]Argoffa, Spider Queen[/card]. Feed her enough and her regen ability will keep her around forever. She's beastly in draft and sealed but isn't as great in constructed where there's an abundance of removal to deal with her. Plus if your opponent puts on their big boy pants and sends their entire harem after her they could outpace her regen or outright one-shot her with greater ease than you'd think.

Overall Glutton is a more tactical keyword to build around. You're typically playing with less furres than the average deck and you're sacrificing them as time goes on. It's not the easiest skill to play with, but it has a lot of tricks up its sleeve and greater card draw, bigger furres, and more AP generation than any other skill printed to date.

Oily
Servant

Post by Oily » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:58 am

I feel like you've forgotten something for deck 4. Havens. :P