Skype games?

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
Draj
Wild

Skype games?

Post by Draj » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:09 pm

Wondering if anyone is available to test decks against over skype- I've got almost half a dozen consttructed decks, but I only really get to play against myself.

Kissiflow
Coy

Re: Skype games?

Post by Kissiflow » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:13 pm

I would be more than happy to give it a try one day!

Kaycat
Tease

Post by Kaycat » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:50 am

Hey. I'd be interested in a couple of Skype games. Toss me a PM and I'd be happy to see about working out a time.

Evandill
Coy

Post by Evandill » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:32 am

I wouldn't mind playing a game or two over Skype, I only have a starter deck so I'm not sure how well I'd fare but it'd be nice to play.
Professional Lurker

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:43 pm

Not a bad idea. I've though about before with my friends for MTG but we never actually tried it out.

However just a quick little but of playing around right now and I don't quite think it'll work.

From playing around right now, the 1920x1088p video (Yes, 1088p) that my HTC One (M7) puts out makes cards difficult to see, and taking video with my LED Flash on causes a very bad glare on any cards near the center of the frame. (As one would expect)

I think it would be best to do it with 1440p video capture, and some sort of directional lighting (preferably white light) from an angle.

I'm going to do a little hunting around... I'm envisioning a program that does all this, supports webcam, allows you to easily manipulate other player's fields [Zoom in to read their cards], and hopefully even draw on their picture for them to see [Makes it significantly easier to explain things, or point at cards]. -- Of course this is likely a pipe dream, and something for me to program...

Meanwhile, I'll go hunting and I'll let you know if I find anything
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

Zade
Voyeur

Post by Zade » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:34 pm

I'm new to the game but i have a ton of cards (most are premade decks) but I would love to try this out so I can get some experience.

Magetorment
Endowed

Post by Magetorment » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Man, I remember we used to do these years ago. They work out better than you'd expect. However most web cams aren't designed for the fidelity of most card text, so when we used to do these players would have the spoiler open in a side-window to get a better look at what their opponent was playing. You have to be a good sport to do these though, especially when it comes to keeping current :sp: s clear, what current AP/GP totals are, and making sure your Black Book stays in view of the camera at all times. OH, and keep some extra cards on hand to represent things you've stolen from the other player.

I'd love to give these another go sometime. Been too long since I got to bust some of the decks out.