Card sleeves

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
Mizu_Bushi
Mischievous

Card sleeves

Post by Mizu_Bushi » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:14 pm

Please tell me I'm not the only one who would love to see card sleeves with furoticon art on them? Both adult and tame.

Drex
Charmer

Re: Card sleeves

Post by Drex » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:29 pm

It's something that has been brought up many times in the past. The problem is that getting custom made sleeves is very expensive. It isn't very practical because you can buy super cheap opaque sleeves. Also it could be difficult to find a printing company willing to print the adult content of Furo.
I'm that otter that hates fish and swimming. ^^

Draconis
Supple

Post by Draconis » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:45 pm

Speaking of Card sleeves,

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to double sleeve these? Dragon Shields work wonders but I am having trouble with sleeves such as Legions so called perfect fits. They ended up bowing my cards and it was too tight a fit.

If anyone has suggestions for double sleeving I'm all ears. Furoticon cards seem to be SLIGHTLY bigger than your average magic card.

Mizu_Bushi
Mischievous

Post by Mizu_Bushi » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:53 pm

I've looked into it and to get them done in a small quantity would be expensive. I also found that ultra pro will make custom ones in a large quantity. http://www.ultrapro.com/pages.php?page=faq I don't know how much it will cost but if the creators of Furoticon looked into it (if they already haven't that is) card sleeves with art may be plausible. Though at first it might just be one type of art work at first. If they do decided to go that route they can do a poll of everyone's favorite artwork or something.

Drex
Charmer

Post by Drex » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:31 pm

They've looked in to it. What I said earlier is basically what they told me lol. It's too expensive to make it really worth while. Especially when there's so many super cheap options already out there. The novelty would be nice, but I don't think novelty alone would get many sales, especially when they would be more expensive than other options. Even buying in bulk probably wouldn't help enough to lower the cost because they couldn't buy nearly enough at once to get a good deal. They aren't a huge company like Wizards of the Coast, so they can't get a million sleeves in one order. Besides that, they would spend then next 10 years or more trying to sell them all lol.

Also, there's no guarantee that those companies would work with Furoticon in the first place because it is an adult game. They had issues in the past with printers printing the cards because they refused to print the adult content. Even if they made the sleeves non adult, the company may refuse just because it would be associated with the adult game.

So yeah, this is something that has been mentioned here and there for years. It's unlikely to happen. =P

Drex
Charmer

Post by Drex » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:33 pm

WombatShadowLord wrote:Speaking of Card sleeves,

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to double sleeve these? Dragon Shields work wonders but I am having trouble with sleeves such as Legions so called perfect fits. They ended up bowing my cards and it was too tight a fit.

If anyone has suggestions for double sleeving I'm all ears. Furoticon cards seem to be SLIGHTLY bigger than your average magic card.
I've never heard of people using two sleeves. What would be the reason to do this? I'm just curious haha, never heard of it before.

Draconis
Supple

Post by Draconis » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:01 pm

Furoticon is my first collectible card game, so it's new to me too. But the basic idea is that a lot of Magic players do it to protect their insanely valuable cards.

My understanding is it makes the cards hold up better to shuffling via the bridge style. What they do is put the card into a perfect fit sleeve of some kind, leaving the bottom of the card open. Then they slide the card into a dragon shield or some other appropriate sleeve, having the bottom that was open with the perfect fit down at the bottom of the dragon shield. This protects the top of the card and seals it from any damage that might come in from the top.

I was mainly hoping to do it with Furoticon cards because I use bridge style shuffling. Plus, it makes it a lot easier to switch out cards to another sleeve, (I have an artistic style sleeve with a catgirl on it I want to use for my main deck) without risking damage to said card.

Problem is, the Legion Sleeves I used were much too tight. It bowed my furoticon cards as well as my UFS cards. Apparently Furoticon cards are slightly bigger, ever so much, than a Magic Card. :( Thus my question, if anyone knew.

Eerie
Mischievous

Post by Eerie » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:12 am

I wiped out my wallet as the page loaded. "oh, no image sleeves..." *puts wallet away*