Card Spoiler filtering

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Card Spoiler filtering

Post by Taz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:23 am

Because special Owners are a thing, sometimes I want to search for a card of one gender and only that gender, but as of right now searching a single gender also brings up every applicable multi-gender card in that gender as well.

However, it's worth noting that if you search, for example, Female/Otherkind cards, you don't get results for cards that have a gender outside of those two genders (such as [card]Compulsion of the Saibel[/card] or [card]Nightmare of the Jinvon[/card]). This is how I feel it should be for single-gender searches, as well. (And, incidentally, triple-gender searches; performed a search for F/H/O just now and got Nightmare as well as every basic Owner ever printed.)
"I play it for the game mechanics."

Seppel
Site Admin

Re: Card Spoiler filtering

Post by Seppel » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:27 am

I added a little checkbox to the advanced search so you can search either way now. :)

Owners still appear to show up during a unique gender search, but that's because they're tagged with their "gender" border.
:tanrare: Seppel

cuddles
Tease

Post by cuddles » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:10 am

Did the card spoiler always display the art, or was that just added?
C♥ddles

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:55 am

I just added the visual version of the card spoiler. If you want to go back to list mode, simply check the "View card list" checkbox. :)
:tanrare: Seppel

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:26 am

So the extra NSFW spoiler is default huh ;)

I suppose I shouldn't be thinking about being on Furoticon.com at work anyway lol
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

Marchandique
Tease

Post by Marchandique » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:22 am

Hahahaha... Yeah... Checking the forum at work would be silly... *cough* Not like I would do that...

Drex
Charmer

Post by Drex » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:57 pm

BlackDragonIV wrote:So the extra NSFW spoiler is default huh ;)

I suppose I shouldn't be thinking about being on Furoticon.com at work anyway lol
You have to agree that you're over 18 the first time you visit the site or when your cookies are wiped. So I don't really see the issue honestly. Also, your work should be able to track the sites you visit if you're on their wifi/wired network. So I would really suggest not browsing this site or any adult site while at work. XD
I'm that otter that hates fish and swimming. ^^

polkakitty
Charmer

Post by polkakitty » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:06 am

Seppel wrote:I just added the visual version of the card spoiler. If you want to go back to list mode, simply check the "View card list" checkbox. :)
This is a pretty cool feature, but I was making some last-minute adjustments to a deck and looking through the spoiler, and I noticed that if you do a search that returns more than 200 cards (for instance, if you search for all cards of any single gender,) and have it show the card images, it will only show the first 200 results. If you check the "show card list" box, it will show the entire list of results.

There's nothing that's really wrong with this, I'm sure it was just set up this way to limit the load on the server, but I think it would be good to display a warning message if all the results of a search can't be displayed.

Drex
Charmer

Post by Drex » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:41 pm

I think having it be the first 50-100 cards and hitting a next button to load more would be a good way to go if they can do that. Will keep the server from loading all the cards at once and allows you to see an unlimited number of cards like this.
I'm that otter that hates fish and swimming. ^^