A bug and a couple of suggestions about the new shop

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
polkakitty
Charmer

A bug and a couple of suggestions about the new shop

Post by polkakitty » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:57 pm

I just went to buy some more Fortune cards, but I ran into a strange bug in the new shop interface. When I go to the "Get Furos" page and select one of the "X Furos" items, if I click on the button at the bottom of the page that says "Review Cart and Checkout", it takes me to the checkout page and displays the correct price and number of Furos, but if I make a selection on the "Get Furos" page and click the "Add to Cart" button, I get sent back to the main shop page and there's no indication that anything was added to my cart. The weird part is, if I then go to any other page on the site, whether it's part of the shop or not, there will be a note at the top of the page that says "You have items in your cart! (link to view cart)", but if I look at my cart, it will be empty. I'm using Firefox 31.0 on Linux, if it matters.

I also had a couple of suggestions that came to mind:

- It makes sense that you need to be logged in to your account on the site to get Furos, but I think that at the top of the main shop page, where the "Get Furos" button is when you're logged in, there should be a note that says something like "log in to purchase or use Furos" when you're not logged in. If you look at the shop page when you're not logged in, I don't think it's clear enough that that's what you're supposed to do, and that might be the cause of some of the confusion people have had about how to get Furos.

- Also, it's great that we can gift Furos to someone else, but I think it might be nice to have a gift-card-size option on the "Get Furos" page (say, about $25 or so.) $10 to $50 seems like an excessively large jump to me, considering that all the other options differ from each other by a factor of about 2.

Seppel
Site Admin

Re: A bug and a couple of suggestions about the new shop

Post by Seppel » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:58 pm

I'll have to look into that! Thank you!

If you have any issues with being unable to empty your cart, simply delete your "cart" cookie, and you'll be good to go. :)
:tanrare: Seppel

LadySilent
Coy

Post by LadySilent » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:21 pm

Any update on this bug? I wanted to get several decks but I am having the same issue getting furos. Once it is back up I will happily place my order. :)

polkakitty
Charmer

Post by polkakitty » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:50 am

For what it's worth, getting more Furos does work for me if I click the "Review Cart and Checkout" button instead of the "Add to Cart" button (though it might take about 10 minutes for the additional Furos to appear on your account.) So for now, you should probably try that. (You can also pay with a credit card or Paypal account.)

Actually, after thinking about it some more, I'm not entirely sure it even makes sense for buying Furos to use the same cart system as buying regular items, since you're not supposed to be able to buy Furos with Furos (that would at best be pointless, and given the fact that you can get extra Furos for buying a large enough amount at once, it would allow you to set up an infinite loop to get unlimited extra Furos.) Still, there are some valid use cases for buying Furos and regular items at the same time (like, say, once Furoticon Online comes out, you might want to get some cards from the market and also get the Triskelion novel,) and I think it would be really nice to have an option that essentially says "pay for my items out of the Furos I got and keep the remainder in my account", instead of having to do 2 separate transactions.

LadySilent
Coy

Post by LadySilent » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:37 am

polkakitty wrote:For what it's worth, getting more Furos does work for me if I click the "Review Cart and Checkout" button instead of the "Add to Cart" button (though it might take about 10 minutes for the additional Furos to appear on your account.) So for now, you should probably try that. (You can also pay with a credit card or Paypal account.)

Actually, after thinking about it some more, I'm not entirely sure it even makes sense for buying Furos to use the same cart system as buying regular items, since you're not supposed to be able to buy Furos with Furos (that would at best be pointless, and given the fact that you can get extra Furos for buying a large enough amount at once, it would allow you to set up an infinite loop to get unlimited extra Furos.) Still, there are some valid use cases for buying Furos and regular items at the same time (like, say, once Furoticon Online comes out, you might want to get some cards from the market and also get the Triskelion novel,) and I think it would be really nice to have an option that essentially says "pay for my items out of the Furos I got and keep the remainder in my account", instead of having to do 2 separate transactions.
Woot! That worked! TY muchly Polkakitty. Now to be financially irresponsible. XD