Crackpot theory about what the Fortune logo means

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
polkakitty
Charmer

Crackpot theory about what the Fortune logo means

Post by polkakitty » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:13 am

By this point you've probably seen a mysterious logo consisting of five small charms attached to each other by a string, which appears in various places within the Fortune at Vell's End set, such as on the cover images for the booster packs (you can see it in this blog post.) Well, I was looking through some of Callista's posts about the lore of the set and suddenly it all just came together: I think that each of the five charms is supposed to represent one of the five cities of Kemah Karah (for reference, here's a map with descriptions of each of the cities.) I think it breaks down this way:

The seed represents Panaway, either because it was the first city to be founded, or because it's right next to the jungle.

The seashell represents Balshik, the coastal city.

The tablet represents Vell's End, and the symbol on it is obviously supposed to be the Adept Academy.

The crystal represents Vanai Valley, which is the mining city known for producing precious gems.

The coin represents Rizah's Station, where the giant bazaar is.

So what do you all think? Am I on to something? Am I completely lost in the woods here?

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Re: Crackpot theory about what the Fortune logo means

Post by Taz » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:19 am

:)

(Of course, I'm now curious where this object came from. Who made it? Who owns it? Why?)
"I play it for the game mechanics."

CallistaSkip
Charmer

Post by CallistaSkip » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:41 pm

That's a pretty flippin' great "theory." Why spoil anything if you guys are mindreaders? You've managed to accurately pinpoint my exact reasoning for each of the items on the logo! :D

You guys are lucky to have Polka on your side, helping you tap into my brain (apparently) XD

polkakitty
Charmer

Post by polkakitty » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:14 am

:D Thanks, Callista. I guess for me at least, figuring out things like this is part of the game too.