Furoticon Online?

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
KinGxStuD
Voyeur

Furoticon Online?

Post by KinGxStuD » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Has anyone heard anything about furoticon online? Im hoping its still happening and that its not dead but I haven't really heard anything in a long time.

Tegome
Endowed

Re: Furoticon Online?

Post by Tegome » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:18 pm

I'm afraid I don't have good news for you..

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3151
im in ur furry gaem misplacin ur cardz
Official Furoticon Developer, Playtester, Tease

Ever700
Coy

Post by Ever700 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:33 am

I am one of the backers and I cant Find Any News on whats going on or info at this point since the point of the offbeatr backing was for an online game I would like to Know WHAT IS GOING ON PLEASE????

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:12 am

FurO was cancelled. All backers had their physical rewards delivered and their digital rewards converted into store credit.

So if you backed FurO, you should have received a reward in your account. 😊
:tanrare: Seppel

Ever700
Coy

Post by Ever700 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:08 pm

Thank you for your responses.

Right but I backed an online game not a physical one. That was the point of my backing. There is no one even remotely close to where I live in the UK who even plays the physical game. I have 6,354 Furos that was given to me at the start To spend on the Online Game when it was to come out and now they won't do a thing for me. I have no interest in the physical game. If FurO has been canceled then I ask that you get in contact with me and Refund me the equivalent of Furos back into money/paypal and take away my Furos as that's the Honest and fair thing to do for a backer. I have been waiting since 2012 for this game which is a very very Long time and I was given no notice that FurO was canceled.

Thank you

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:56 am

As the breakdown said, there is no money left. Tail Kiss Studio is in debt, and current card purchases are serving only to pay off the debt the company accrued.
:tanrare: Seppel

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:33 pm

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear that you have no interest in using your Furos to purchase products currently available at Furoticon.com -- You can go into the trade threads and offer your Furos at a reduced rate to other users who may be interested in acquiring physical cards at a bargain.

Now, unfortunately, you seem to misunderstand how crowdfunding services such as Off Beatr, Kickstarter and Indiegogo work. (And sadly, this is extremely common among users of those services) Any and all backer rewards are only fulfilled in the event that the project is a success. The project managers are only obligated to try their very best to deliver a finished product. By donating money to a crowdfunding project, you are helping fund something which would be otherwise incapable of acquiring the funding required to even attempt.

To be clear, just because a project has been 'funded' does not mean it has been successful. The funding only speaks to the popularity of the project, and the disposable income of those who wish to help it financially. Once funding has been completed, only then do project creators receive the funds (after a cut from the service provider, yes, Kickstarter makes money.). At which point they can go forth and do their best.

I know it can be hard to take a loss, especially if you put a larger quantity of money into the project thinking otherwise.
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

Ever700
Coy

Post by Ever700 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:08 pm

Thank you Astrid. I have already contacted and spoken to Seppel and we have come to an agreement on this matter in an agreed timeframe. I understand how crowdfunding services work and have seen the good and bad side of it.