Furoticon on Tabletop Simulator [Added Climax 2 Stuff]

For discussion of anything to do with Furoticon.
Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Furoticon on Tabletop Simulator [Added Climax 2 Stuff]

Post by Astrid Varelse » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:07 pm

Since the demise of Furoticon Online has been announced, I feel it's as good a time as any to encourage players to use tools like Tabletop Simulator. But first, a small introduction.

Introduction to Tabletop Simulator [Available on Steam]
Tabletop Simulator is a pretty self-explanatory title. It is a game intended to simulate a tabletop experience, anything from Dungeons and Dragons to a classic game of solitaire. The game supports modding by sharing objects with URLs. This means that when someone loads a mod, your computer is told what links to go download, and for those of you conscious about a metered connection, it does cache your downloads.

I'm going to do my best to help offer the resources for you to get started playing Furoticon on Tabletop Simulator.

Click to Enlarge ;)

Basic Instructions
To use the files below, install and run Tabletop Simulator. Once you've run the game for the first time, exit the game and copy the .json files below into your "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\My Games\Tabletop Simulator\Saves\Saved Objects". Once you load up Tabletop Simulator, the objects should be available!

Resources
Deck Building tutorial!

For reliability, all of these 'mods' are pointing to resources located on imgur.com or pastebin.com. Imgur is used for images, while Pastebin is used for the 3D model data in .obj format.

Imgur Image Gallery can be found here. It has a lot of great resources and contains all the images being linked to by the .json files.
[I will link the pastebin.com resources for the counter sometime... Right now I'd have to link them one-by-one which I really don't feel like doing right now :)]
[/list]
I really -- Really, REALLY don't want to start any of these unless I get the go-ahead from Tail Kiss Studio.

I have a web server that I use to host private games of Furoticon in Tabletop Simulator, and I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in playing Furoticon via Tabletop Simulator as opposed to webcam for ease-of-use.

Playing webcam games is not only challenging to setup for some players, but it can also be difficult to perform some mechanics such as re-organizing the top of an opponents Black Book, and this is where Tabletop Simulator (and Furoticon Online in the future) can make playing Furoticon over the internet significantly more accessible.
Last edited by Astrid Varelse on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Re: Tabletop Simulator Games

Post by Astrid Varelse » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:59 pm

So I have excellent news!

Firstly, I am no longer hosting my own website to host any resources for Tabletop Simulator.

Secondly, I have purchased a lifetime subscription to pastebin.com.

This means I'll be able to rely on the services of imgur.com and pastebin.com to be able to deliver fast 24/7 access to my Tabletop Simulator resources. I'll be updating the OP of this thread to explain how to access my resources and I will even be uploading all my chest items and a Tabletop Simulator save for a table layout.

So keep your eyes peeled on this thread if you've been looking to play Furoticon, online. :)

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:43 pm

Bump! I've added the first wave of content, including 3D Counters and Token cards!

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:19 pm

Can someone test some of the ".json" files above. Before I continue working on this I want to make sure that it all works properly

Tegome
Endowed

Post by Tegome » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:37 pm

The cards are looking good. Not sure if the tokens are behaving like you'd expect -- other tokens can go through them, and they've got a space above them that makes cards and other objects levitate on top of them.

https://gyazo.com/c5495e3d56d22c3ff1529eb6fd528c4c
The Pain and Experience counters are fused together, while the Energy counter's levitating... like it's full of energy.

This is fantastic btw
im in ur furry gaem misplacin ur cardz
Official Furoticon Developer, Playtester, Tease

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:40 am

Tegome wrote:Not sure if the tokens are behaving like you'd expect -- other tokens can go through them, and they've got a space above them that makes cards and other objects levitate on top of them.
Weird! I have the same issue but it's an easy fix. If you right click the token and select "Custom" and then click "Import" it magically fixes itself. [Or if you stack two of the same token then take them apart because I have them functioning similarly to poker chips at the moment]

Very odd. It's a shame that the token won't work out of the box for the moment... In the meantime, I've already built all the pre-constructed decks, so without further ado, I'll proceed to make all the JSON files for the pre-con decks. I'll post when I've updated the OP with all the decks
Tegome wrote:This is fantastic btw
Thank you ^_^

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:05 am

Added the Tribes of Tanglebrook decks. -- Will do the rest in the next few days.
Last edited by Astrid Varelse on Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:25 am

Bump! -- I've added the rest of all the pre-con decks. As well as the remainder of my resources. Everything you need to play Furoticon, online!

Let me know if anyone would like me to link to, or create a tutorial -- any feedback, whether it be suggestions or opinions are greatly appreciated, make yourself heard!

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Re: Furoticon on Tabletop Simulator

Post by Astrid Varelse » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:14 pm

One more thing... Apologies for the resolution of play mats. It's the best provided by Tailkiss Studios. I may try to take UHD photos of my two in the near future I've tried photoscan by google (result) but even after image editing I can't get the colors right and it's still more blurry than I'd like it

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:31 am

Added a Tabletop Simulator save file! Now you don't even need to set up your table!

The save file has infinite bags for all 5 counters, a clock, infinite bags for D20's (I use them for stamina on Furres), and two play mats with anchor points already places on each of the stamina, action point, and die areas to keep your games neat and tidy (Unlike your victories ;) )

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:25 pm

If anyone is interested in playing Furoticon via Tabletop Simulator, you can message me on the (Seemly not official anymore) IRC.

Server: irc.esper.net
Port: 6667
Channel: furoticon

Just click this link, enter a nickname, type "furoticon" into the channel box and click "Start..."!

LittleBoyEni
Mischievous

Post by LittleBoyEni » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:52 pm

Can you maybe set up a discord chatroom for this? I'd be kinda interested if I get to scrounge together money to afford Tabletop Simulator.

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:13 pm

LittleBoyEni wrote:Can you maybe set up a discord chatroom for this? I'd be kinda interested if I get to scrounge together money to afford Tabletop Simulator.
Not a bad idea! Here we go: https://discord.gg/Y55fFPQ
Last edited by Astrid Varelse on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:35 pm

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:45 pm

Whoops -- totally missed two Tokens some how... Will update within 24 hours of this post. -- Forgot tokens T2 and T8.

If I recall correctly, I intentionally left out T2 because it's an exact copy of T9, but I still have no idea how I forgot T8...

GrisPanda
Coy

Post by GrisPanda » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:54 am

I definately want to try this once I have my spending cash! :3

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:11 am

Update to the Discord server... The Discord server is now a generic server for Furoticon with one of the channels dedicated to Tabletop Simulator

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:18 am

Lost my 2FA, but I've got everything as patched up as I can.

Discord server is still 100% a go!

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Re: Furoticon on Tabletop Simulator [Deck Tutorial!]

Post by Astrid Varelse » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Woo! I finally made a tutorial on how to build and load a deck into Tabletop Simulator! :fist:

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Re: Furoticon on Tabletop Simulator [Added Climax 2 Stuff]

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:34 pm

Added Climax 2 stuff!

This includes: 4 precon decks, all 101 cards, updated tokens and owner files.