What is the list of all Furre Types?

Get the answers to any basic or tricky interactions here!
Astrid Varelse
Charmer

What is the list of all Furre Types?

Post by Astrid Varelse » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:54 pm

I remember a time ago, there was a pass over several cards to make their Furre types less specific. This was to create a larger overlap to help support the notion of playing a 'theme' deck to take advantage of effects which are based on Furre Types.

Here's my predicament and why I'm asking:
I'm reading Matchmaker, who's effect is "When Matchmaker gives pleasure to a Furre that shares a Furre type with Matchmaker, you may pay :h:. If you do, that Furre's controller gets -2 :sp:."
My opponent has Bitch Collector, and Web Walker in the scene.

Obviously, if Coyotes were converted to dogs, then I could use Matchmaker's ability twice (If pleasure were dealt to both) but the problem is that I don't know. All I can do is assume that because the Sortable Spoiler does not have it corrected to "dog" that they are probably different -- Which is why I'm interested in a complete list of all Furre Types still in the game.

Also -- if I had the list I'd be happy to report any cards in the sortable spoiler which are mis-typed : )
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

Seppel
Site Admin

Re: What is the list of all Furre Types?

Post by Seppel » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:12 pm

For any weird questions like that, you'll probably find the answer in the Full Rules wiki. :)

http://wiki.furoticon.com/wiki/Anatomy_of_a_Card#Type

The following 100 defining types are all found on Furres. They are also known as Furre types. There are no specific rules to follow with these types. Other cards, however, may interact with them: Alligator, Antelope, Armadillo, Badger, Bat, Bear, Bird, Boar, Caracal, Cat, Cephalopod, Cheetah, Chinchilla, Chipmunk, Construct, Cow, Coyote, Crocodile, Deer, Demon, Dinosaur, Dog, Dragon, Dragonfly, Dryad, Elephant, Elk, Ferret, Firefly, Fossa, Fox, Gargoyle, Gecko, Gerbil, Giraffe, Goat, Gryphon, Harpy, Hedgehog, Horse, Hyena, Insect, Jackal, Jaguar, Jerboa, Jinvon, Kangaroo, Kirin, Koala, Lemur, Leopard, Lion, Lizard, Lynx, Merfolk, Minotaur, Mole, Moth, Monkey, Mouse, Naga, Nautilus, Nightmare, Ocelot, Opossum, Okapi, Orca, Otter, Pachyderm, Panda, Pangolin, Phoenix, Pig, Plant, Platypus, Rabbit, Raccoon, Raven, Rat, Red-panda, Rhinoceros, Satyr, Sergal, Shark, Sheep, Shapeshifter, Skunk, Snake, Sphinx, Spider, Squirrel, Sugar-glider, Taur, Thylacine, Tiger, Turtle, Unicorn, Velociraptor, Weasel, Wild, Wolf, and Zebra.
:tanrare: Seppel

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:39 pm

Thank you, the reason I was asking was due to the change where terms such as "Equine" and "Feline" we're removed from the game in favor of "Horse" and "Cat" respectively. -- I couldn't remember exactly how far these changes went.

Horse = Equine
Cat Tiger, Lion, Cheetah, etc.
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

polkakitty
Charmer

Post by polkakitty » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:08 pm

In general, the Furre type listed for a card in the defining type field in the spoiler (as opposed to the card image) should reflect any changes that have been made to Furre types. For instance, Replacement Raptor was first printed as a Reptile in 1st Vanilla, but his defining type was officially changed to Velociraptor as part of a series of rulings made shortly after the release of Strawberry to make Furre types more consistent (it didn't make sense to have things like "Reptile" and "Lizard" as separate Furre types because you'd end up with Lizards that, as far as the rules were concerned, weren't Reptiles,) and both printings are now listed as "Furre - Velociraptor" in the spoiler. (Because of this, there actually aren't any Furres that use Reptile as a Furre type anymore. A different approach was used with the Cat and Dog types; those now apply only to domestic cats and dogs. So "Dog" and "Coyote" cannot be treated as the same type.)

However, if you find any instances where a Furre type should have been updated in the spoiler, but hasn't been (a key symptom of this would probably be two cards listed with the same name, but different Furre types,) it would be very helpful if you pointed them out. :)

If you want to build a deck using Matchmaker, [card]Speaker Dragonhorn[/card] is the perfect Furre to use along with hir. After using Matchmaker's Shapeshift (using Dog or Coyote as the chosen type) and Speaker Dragonhorn's skill (changing an opposing Furre to the same type,) you can actually use Matchmaker's triggered skill when shi pleasures both Bitch Collector and Web Walker. (The best part is, since both Matchmaker's Shapeshift and Speaker Dragonhorn's skill can be used at Surprise speed, you can use them after your opponent chooses Furres to put in bed but before your Furres deal pleasure. So no matter how many Furres of different types your opponent has on the field, it will always be possible to use Matchmaker's triggered skill with at least two of them!)