Yuswan 'masturbates' to orgasm!

Get the answers to any basic or tricky interactions here!
Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Yuswan 'masturbates' to orgasm!

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Question regarding Yuswan:
  • If Yuswan has 1 :sp: remaining, and you attempt to use his skill, which requires Yuswan to get -1 :sp:, does Yuswan's skill go off before Yuswan orgasms?
My understanding is as follows, please correct where ever appropriate: TLDR Answer: If Yuswan's skill causes him to orgasm, the skill still goes on the stack and Yuswan is sent to the couch as normal.
Last edited by Astrid Varelse on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

Tegome
Endowed

Re: Yuswan 'masturbates' to orgasm!

Post by Tegome » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:08 pm

Being sent to the couch doesn't mean the skill has been cancelled. A card's skill can exist on the stack even if the card itself has orgasmed. See [c]Sour Samantha[/c] and [c]Spitty-kitty[/c] -- those skills are triggered by orgasm/climax, and it'd be silly for an on-orgasm/climax skill to be cancelled out by being orgasmed/climaxed. :v
im in ur furry gaem misplacin ur cardz
Official Furoticon Developer, Playtester, Tease

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:12 pm

See, I find it gets a bit tricky when you look at when you pay for a skill, and when it resolves...

If you pay for a skill to put it onto the stack, and what your saying is true, then my opponent cannot do anything about the skill. Because removing Yuswan from the scene, wouldn't prevent the skill because it would already be on the stack as it were already paid for. -- And you can't react to paying for a skill.

Let's go for an example...
Yuswan has 1 :sp: and is Exhausted
I use his skill
I respond to the skill with Thrown Out.

Given what you said, Yuswan is returned to my hand, but Yuswan's skill would still goes off, dealing -1 :sp: to a player of my choice.

That doesn't seem right... If the source of a skill no longer exists within the scene when it resolves, it should likely be canceled... -- Spitty-kitty and Sour Samantha's skills go off because when a Furre orgasms, these skills resolve before the Furres are removed from the scene. Or at least that's my understanding.

Tegome
Endowed

Post by Tegome » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:30 pm

Nah, Spitty-kitty's orgasming is part of the cost of its skill -- it orgasms in order to add its skill to the stack. Then, players can react before the skill resolves -- they can use any skills or Surprises of their own; [c]Disorderly Conduct[/c] will shut down Spitty-kitty's ability altogether. It looks something like this:

- You pay the cost and play a Furre card. Players may react.
- I react by exhausting and orgasming Spitty-kitty, adding its skill to the stack. Players may react.
- You react by playing your Disorderly Conduct, denying SK's skill on the stack. Players may react.
- I have nothing. Disorderly resolves, removing SK's skill from the stack. Players may react.
- SK's skill no longer exists. Your Furre card enters the scene. Players may react.

Thrown Out won't work in your case -- paying Yuswan's last SP is part of the cost of his skill, and he goes to the couch before you have a chance to react. Since Yuswan's on the couch, he's no longer exhausted, and Thrown Out can't target him. (His skill still goes off, dealing -1 :sp: to a player of your choice.)

Check this thread for more Sour Samantha shenanigans.
im in ur furry gaem misplacin ur cardz
Official Furoticon Developer, Playtester, Tease

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:40 pm

Alrighty, thanks for the clarification