Is there such things as spell speeds and chains

Get the answers to any basic or tricky interactions here!
guitardudeiii
Coy

Is there such things as spell speeds and chains

Post by guitardudeiii » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:18 pm

I come from YGO and in that game there are spell speeds so certain cards out prioritize others. Is there such thing like that in this game? like if i play a surprise could I deny it with a furre ability because in YGO you can't. also do chains also resolve backwards order the cards were played just like YGO? thank you in advance :3

Magetorment
Endowed

Re: Is there such things as spell speeds and chains

Post by Magetorment » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:19 pm

In Furoticon we have two speeds for cards, surprise and normal. Normal cards can only be played on your turn outside of bed. These are anything that doesn't have the Surprise subtype. Surprise cards can be played either during your turn, or any time you could react. Reactions may be made in response to any player taking an action or the turn ending. All activated skills have surprise speed unless specifically stated otherwise. Players may play any number of Surprises or activate any number of skills in response to a single thing provided they have the AP/GP required to do so. All effects resolve in a last-in, first out order.

For example:

Player A has a [card]Spitty-Kitty[/card] on the scene, and plays [card]Rough Thrust[/card] on Player B. Player B doesn't like that, and plays [card]Declined[/card] to deny it. Player A really wants to Rough Thrust Player B, and activates Spitty Kitty's skill to deny Declined. Player B really doesn't want that thrust, so plays a second Declined to deny it, ignoring Kitty altogether.

This can get silly in multiplayer if multiple people are playing denial.

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:12 pm

Furoticon's action card system (magic/trap cards) are much more comparable to Magic the Gathering.

"Action" cards can be only be played during your turn, and cannot be used to react. (Cannot be used to respond to other actions, abilities, or during the bed-step)
"Action - Surprise" cards can be played at any time!

For example:
If a furre you control is about to receive enough pleasure from the bed step to orgasm, you cannot use [c]Helping Hand[/c] to return it to your hand because it's an Action card. However you can use [c]Caught with Pants Down[/c] to prevent the pleasure! Just don't forget that it only prevents pleasure from bed. ;)

Special note: Furre and Treat cards can be played at anytime you could otherwise play an Action card.
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:16 pm

Hey Mage just a heads up your link to [card]spitty-kitty[/card] is no good, need to switch that space to a hyphen :sp:
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread