Gluttony

Get the answers to any basic or tricky interactions here!
rainydaydance
Servant

Gluttony

Post by rainydaydance » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:48 am

So I have some questions about this in game play. I know that the rule says:
As this object enters the scene, it may eat any number of Furres you control — dismiss them and put them under this object in an out-of-scene "belly" zone. When it leaves the scene, put Furres under it onto their owners' couches.
First question is: is it only when they enter the scene? So if I manage to bring [card]Vicarious Dragon[/card] as my first card, can later eat cards I later bring in?
Second: other than [card]Booty Box[/card], is there any other way to consume another player's furre?
Third: this has nothing to do with gluttony, but if I have a Wild Naga and my opponent names a shifter as a Naga, then pulls [card]Two's A Crowd[/card], does it work? Or does it have to be exactly the same furre type?

This has been bugging me for a while.
~rainydaydance~

Tegome
Endowed

Re: Gluttony

Post by Tegome » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:24 am

rainydaydance wrote:First question is: is it only when they enter the scene? So if I manage to bring [card]Vicarious Dragon[/card] as my first card, can later eat cards I later bring in?
That's right. The Glutton keyword is only activated when the Furre enters the scene. It won't be able to eat any other Furres afterwards, unless some other skill allows it to, or it leaves and then re-enters the scene (so the Glutton skill is triggered again).
rainydaydance wrote:Second: other than [card]Booty Box[/card], is there any other way to consume another player's furre?
There's always [c]Behemoth, Voice of Gluttony[/c] -- but he eats everything. This was an intentional design choice. You can read more about it in the big Gluttony reveal here.
rainydaydance wrote:Third: this has nothing to do with gluttony, but if I have a Wild Naga and my opponent names a shifter as a Naga, then pulls [card]Two's A Crowd[/card], does it work? Or does it have to be exactly the same furre type?
You're about to play [c]Jeela the Hooded[/c] -- a Wild Naga. For purposes of typing, it is a Wild, and it is a Naga. An opponent that shapeshifts into a Naga (or a Wild, or has any Wild or Naga card in the scene already) can use Two's a Crowd to deny your Jeela. The flip side? Wild and Naga also count as separate types for cards like [c]Three's Company[/c] . If Jeela's the only card you have in the scene, Three's a Crowd will let you draw two cards.

Hope that helps!
im in ur furry gaem misplacin ur cardz
Official Furoticon Developer, Playtester, Tease

rainydaydance
Servant

Post by rainydaydance » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:15 pm

Yup! That clears it all.
~rainydaydance~

rainydaydance
Servant

Post by rainydaydance » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:03 pm

New question on the wording of booty box.

" when booty box enters the scene, you may have it eat target furre an opponent controls.
When booty box leaves the scene, return each furre in its belly to the scene under its owner's control.
"

The first one suggests I can only eat one of an opponents furre, but the second part suggests I can eat more than one. I need a little clarification.
~rainydaydance~

Magetorment
Endowed

Post by Magetorment » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:18 pm

Booty Box essentially tucks away 1 opposing furre when you play it, which your opponent gets back when Booty Box leaves the scene. The reason the second half of the rules mentions plurals is purely future-proofing the card, in case we ever print any cards that do more belly/eating shenanigans. At present though there is no way to get more than 1 furre into a Booty Box.

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:13 pm

rainydaydance wrote:Second: other than [card]Booty Box[/card], is there any other way to consume another player's furre?
Just wanted to add one more thing to that -- you can take control of an opponents Furre, even if only until end of turn, to eat them! Like with Switching Rears, or if you somehow managed to have a copy laying around, The Hypnomastress (These we're found simply by searching in the advanced card spoiler for "gain control" in the rules text)

Technically it's a 2-for-1 trade, but the trade-off will all depend on the Glutton you plan on playing and the current state of the game.
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

polkakitty
Charmer

Post by polkakitty » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:26 am

BlackDragonIV wrote:Technically it's a 2-for-1 trade
No, it really isn't, because you'll end up having either 1 or 2 more Furres on the board (depending on whether you used The Hypnomastress to gain control of your opponent's Furre,) and your opponent will have 1 fewer Furre that they won't be able to get back from your Glutton unless they have something like [card]Premature Evacuation[/card] (which still doesn't gain them any card advantage.) A 2-for-1 trade would be if you completely used up 2 cards just to get rid of 1 Furre (like, say, if you used [card]Sukouri's Response[/card] just so you could refresh [card]Spitty-kitty[/card] and use its skill to deny a Furre that your opponent was playing.)

What is less than optimal about that strategy is that you're using two skills to counter the same Furre, but since it still brings you ahead in terms of board position, I think it's well worth doing, especially since in Furoticon, unlike most TCGs, playing cards and entering bed are part of the same phase, so it's actually possible to play Switching Rears to take control of a Furre, swing with that Furre, and then play a Glutton and have it eat that same Furre before the end of the turn.

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:43 am

Because [card]Lecta, Library Aide[/card] needed to be more broken (sorry) you can give hir to your opponent, eat hir with Booty Box, and subsequently have Booty Box recklessly enter bed. It would be a rather vexing position to not want to pop an opposing Booty Box open.
"I play it for the game mechanics."

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:56 am

polkakitty wrote:especially since in Furoticon, unlike most TCGs, playing cards and entering bed are part of the same phase
Hmm, good point, Furoticon does have it all in one Phase -- although I'd go against the 'most TCG's' -- i mean most TCG's have a Main Phase 1, Combat, Main Phase 2

Taz wrote:Because [card]Lecta, Library Aide[/card] needed to be more broken (sorry) you can give hir to your opponent, eat hir with Booty Box, and subsequently have Booty Box recklessly enter bed. It would be a rather vexing position to not want to pop an opposing Booty Box open.
Wow yeah that's a pretty odd one to spot... Lecta, Library Aide says right on her "If a Furre's owner leaves the game, so does the Furre" clearly implying that although the control of the Furres have exchanged, the owners have not changed, so yes, Booty Box would return your own Furre! -- See this is what I get for searching "gain control" to narrow my search results, because the rule text for Lecta in this case is "exchange control"
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread