Mechanic Deeka and Shar'og

Get the answers to any basic or tricky interactions here!
Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Mechanic Deeka and Shar'og

Post by Taz » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:15 am

So, let's say I was playing a deck that went for major flavor points and managed to put together a Fellowship consisting of [card]Inventor Creyta[/card], [card]Hedgec'og[/card], [card]Shar'og[/card], and [card]Mechanic Deeka[/card], Deeka explicitly being added to the Fellowship last. Assuming all these Furres have been in play since the start of my turn, when Deeka is added to the Fellowship (thus making it full), am I allowed to respond to her triggered skill by activating the skill Shar'og gets in a full Fellowship, thus potentially getting two uses of that skill in the same turn if Deeka's trigger targeted Shar'og?

(For the record and the purposes of [card]Gear Grinding[/card], this Fellowship has total combined PEs of 14 :mpe: , 14 :fpe: , 11 :hpe: , and 17 :ope: . Not bad at all! Just need a fifth Furre in the scene and [card]Men's Locker Room[/card] to really get cooking . . .)
Last edited by Taz on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I play it for the game mechanics."

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Re: Mechanic Deeka and Shar'og

Post by Astrid Varelse » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:22 am

Double check all your card links Creyta :)

To answer your question, I believe the answer is yes.
Furoticon Wiki wrote: Triggered skills occur when certain conditions are met. Look for the word "When," or "At," at the beginning of a skill to know that it's a triggered skill. Players may react to triggered skills as long as they trigger during a main step. Players may not react to a triggered skill that triggers during a refill or refresh step.
ref: http://wiki.furoticon.com/wiki/Skills#Triggered_Skills

Because the triggered effect is occurring during a main step, you may react to it.
Last edited by Astrid Varelse on Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:35 am

Just remember that you need choose a target for [c]Mechanic Deeka[/c]'s effect before doing anything else. (This is important in case the opponent removes [c]Mechanic Deeka[/c]'s target from the scene to negate her effect)
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

Drex
Charmer

Post by Drex » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:39 am

Yes, because of what BlackDragonIV said and also because Deeka's skill specifically says "When Deeka joins a fellowship do ..." In order for her ability to even activate, she has to join the fellowship, that will make the fellowship full, allowing you to use Shar'og's ability in reaction to Deeka's trigger effect.
I'm that otter that hates fish and swimming. ^^

Tegome
Endowed

Post by Tegome » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:41 am

I see what you're trying to do here. And yeah, like everyone else here, I think it'd work. It'd go something like...

- Deeka joins the Fellowship and fills it. Her 'refresh' skill, targeting the currently refreshed Shar'og goes on the stack.
- In reaction to her skill, but before it resolves, you use Shar'og's skill, exhausting it and putting its skill on the stack.
- The stack is last on first off, so Shar'og's skill goes off. Then Deeka's, refreshing Shar'og.
- Shar'og is refreshed and can use its skill again.

Sneaky~
im in ur furry gaem misplacin ur cardz
Official Furoticon Developer, Playtester, Tease