Juuba

Get the answers to any basic or tricky interactions here!
CitrusTwist
Servant

Juuba

Post by CitrusTwist » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:29 pm

So [c]Juuba[/c]'s effect implies shi can have more than one furre in hir belly. Is that actually possible?

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Re: Juuba

Post by Astrid Varelse » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:40 pm

Okay so...

Quote from the wiki:
Glutton means "As this object enters the scene, it may eat any number of Furres you control — dismiss them and put them under this object in an out-of-scene "belly" zone. When it leaves the scene, put Furres under it onto their owners' couches."
At first I thought of bouncing Juuba out of the scene, to re-trigger her coming to the scene effect, however this will NOT allow you to eat an additional furre, as leaving the scene will removing current furres.

I'm still digging but it looks like you can't so far, keep in mind that a future card might allow you to.

Also make a special note "dismiss them and put them under this object in an out-of-scene belly zone", the belly zone is out of the scene, so if you ate another glutton furre, the furres that glutton had would leave it's belly. So you would only have the glutton furre in your belly
Talk about Furoticon on Discord!

Also, visit my trading thread

Seppel
Site Admin

Post by Seppel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:06 pm

Currently there is no way to get another Furre in Juuba's belly. It's an insurance clause just in case we print a card in the future that could enable more Furres in Juuba's belly. :)
:tanrare: Seppel

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:24 pm

Also just a tip about [c]Juuba[/c], if a glutton furre you plan to play demands that all furres you control eaten, you can use hir to prevent a furre from being eaten, and they'll return safely on your next refill step.

CitrusTwist
Servant

Post by CitrusTwist » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:27 pm

Well funny thing, it doesn't actually say you have to put it out on the next refill step, just on a refill step. Also, on a player's refill step do all actions occur simultaneously? Like could I use Juuba's effect at the begging of the step or the end to effect what the eaten card might do?

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:41 pm

Uhm [c]Juuba[/c] explicitly says "During your refill step, return any Furres in Juuba's belly to the scene under their owners' control." Which means on your next refill step, the furres exit your belly whether you like it or not.

As for what occurs during the refill step... nothing occurs simultaneously, you choose the order you wish all "During your refill step" effects to take place. So if there is something you want to do, for example, maybe on your refill step you get a fox furre token, and maybe another card forces you to climax a furre during your refill step. You can CHOOSE to summon the fox furre token first, and then climax it.

CitrusTwist
Servant

Post by CitrusTwist » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:59 pm

Ahh, I gotcha. It still feels like there's a little ambiguity though. Like saying "your next refill step" or something might be a bit more exact in how if functions.

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:10 pm

As it is currently worded, it will return any furres from it's belly to the scene every turn, during your refill step.

If it was worded to say "On your next refill step", then if any furres ended up in your belly you'd never be able to get them out unless you used something like [c]Premature Evacuation[/c].

Tegome
Endowed

Post by Tegome » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:14 pm

Yeah, BlackDragon's got the right of it. Juuba's skill creates an extra 'check' during every refill step. Essentially, it says 'While you're getting your AP and GP from your Refill, check Juuba's belly and put any Furre there into the scene.'
im in ur furry gaem misplacin ur cardz
Official Furoticon Developer, Playtester, Tease

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:33 pm

Juuba is technically not a Glutton, but every Furre (Glutton or not) also technically has a belly zone, and Juuba's effect gives it a one-turn use for one specific Furre. Despite the name, [card]Behemoth, Voice of Gluttony[/card] is also not a Glutton Furre, but tends to make much more plentiful use of its own belly zone.

Now that I think about it, because of [card]Yawning Hollow[/card] and [card]Dryad Grove[/card] I suppose every Haven has a belly zone, too. Hypothetically we could've used this to let [card]Asti's Apartment[/card] save Token Furres as well (since they can exist in the belly zone, but not in any other out-of-play zone), and it would've even been relevant to the plot we had written at the time, but that card had some last-minute changes anyway, so oh well, missed opportunity . . .
"I play it for the game mechanics."

Astrid Varelse
Charmer

Post by Astrid Varelse » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:48 pm

Also worth noting that [c]Behemoth, Voice of Gluttony[/c] can't actually eat [c]Juuba[/c]!

Also, if you use [c]Juuba[/c] to eat [c]Behemoth, Voice of Gluttony[/c], you'll effectively send all furres from the scene into their owners' couches, preventing an opponent from using [c]Premature Evacuation[/c] to get back an important furre

Tegome
Endowed

Post by Tegome » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:42 am

Note that you won't be able to play Juuba while the Behemoth is in the scene, but if you somehow managed to get Juuba onto the couch beforehand, [c]Sex Addict[/c] is a totally legal Action to play while Behemoth is around...

polkakitty
Charmer

Post by polkakitty » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:30 pm

Although it's interesting that you can bring back Juuba from your couch with Sex Addict and have hir eat Behemoth, you probably wouldn't want Behemoth to come back the next turn, since he wouldn't be played from your hand, and so he wouldn't be able to eat your opponent's Furres, but his "can't play Furre or Treat cards" skill would still be in effect, so you'd be getting his bad effect without his good effect.

[card]Missed Curfew[/card] seems to usually be considered the best way to get Behemoth to go away (it also sends your opponents' Furres in Behemoth's belly to the couch, and can even make your opponent take back a Furre that they recovered with Premature Evacuation - they may still be able to play that Furre, but it prevents them from getting ahead in terms of resources.) However, I think Sign of the Solet from Caramel is also promising, especially in team games where, unlike Missed Curfew, it won't affect any of your teammates' Furres. And using Sex Addict to bring back your favorite Glutton other than Juuba to eat Behemoth wouldn't be a bad idea either. (Juuba technically isn't a Glutton, but you know what I mean.)

CitrusTwist
Servant

Post by CitrusTwist » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:20 pm

So supposing you use [c]Inquisitor Thexa[/c]. An enemy's [c]Juuba[/c] could then be eaten, correct? And if so, is there any real point in doing so besides maybe [c]Behemoth, Voice of Gluttony[/c]?

Tegome
Endowed

Post by Tegome » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:31 pm

"Can't be eaten" is definitely a skill, so Thexa could make Juuba eatable.

Maybe not very useful on an opponent's Juuba, but you could use it on your own, then play another Juuba for all sorts of recursion shenanigans. (Just note that if a Furre gets eaten while it has Furres in its belly zone, those bellied Furres go to the couch. Sadly, you can't have a Juuba come out of another Juuba that'll come out of another Juuba -- we're playing with Furoticon cards, not Matroyshka dolls!) Except Thexa targets opponents only, whoops

Taz
Immune to Hedgemazes

Post by Taz » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:58 am

Thexa could steal an opposing Juuba's skill for long enough to not get eaten by your own Behemoth.
"I play it for the game mechanics."